Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

CUV-2 Lynx and CUV-3 Cougar Empty CUV-2 Lynx and CUV-3 Cougar

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:22 am
Well, I recently reinstalled LDD since I was feeling bored and started working on some ICS ground vehicles. (Integrated Coalition of Systems) I started, of course, by having LDD not being able to save (it crashes once I've have saved it), so I ended up having to template everything I built. When I try to open the saved file, it pops up saying "Unable to load/open file." Then, naturally, I couldn't use the screenshot tool anymore, because, like the save feature, it also kept crashing after I screenshotted, and the pic was not saved. So I had to use my computer screenshot feature. So yay!

No long description and I'm still trying to work out all the details for the ICS which I'll send to somebody to change as soon as possible.

Anyway, the MRCV-2 Lynx and MRCV-3 Cougar are both Multi-Role Combat Vehicles. Both were supposed to be the MRCV-2 originally, but the first one failed, and the second...well, it turned out like a Humvee rather than what I had envisioned. The VERY first model got deleted but it was supposed to be the MRCV-1 Badger, kind of like the US Army Stryker. But that was an absolute failure and was way too small. And I used the wrong wheels. What is now the MRCV-3 was supposed to be a futuristic Humvee that I based off of a concept car I saw online. Of course, that failed. The Humvee looking thing should have been like a futuristic infantry mobility vehicle, Warthog, and the Harasser from PS2 but that didn't turn out very well and became a Humvee instead. So yeah...kinda frustrating.

Comparison pics:

MRCV-2 Lynx:

MRCV-3 Cougar:

Well, that's all for now. You guys will have no idea how LONG it took. I probably spent 18 hours (not straight of course) just on the MRCV-3. I revamped the thing so many times, especially the side bulk armor to make it streamlined. And still useless. CUV-2 Lynx and CUV-3 Cougar 1968982048

As for my complete inactivity, that can be attributed mostly to school, exams, sports, other extracurriculars, etc, etc, etc as I'm sure most of you have been busy with as well. Additionally, after school ended and during break I've gotten into World of Tanks and am eagerly awaiting the open beta of both World of Warships and Armored Warfare and Fractured Space to a lesser degree. So just busy or lazy.

Of the many, many, many hours I spent, my favorite is still the remotely-operated 15.4 mm machine gun turret (which also went through several revisions).

I plan on PM-ing somebody to reorganize a bunch of stuff. If I can stay active, I plan on building a couple of other stuff and revamping the Navy and pretty much everything for the ICS. I have an entire list/database of Army/NAC ground vehicles and air support vehicles, so we'll see how that goes. I also have plenty of ideas floating around, of course, applying them is a great deal harder, so yeah...

Also, for anyone who might have an idea of what is going on with LDD, I would appreciate help. Thanks. Smile

Last edited by PXR on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

CUV-2 Lynx and CUV-3 Cougar Empty Re: CUV-2 Lynx and CUV-3 Cougar

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:00 am
Not a huge fan of the Lynx, personally, but I quite like the Cougar. Razz Both are pretty solid models, but the more streamlined front on the Cougar simply won me over. Razz

I also quite like the gun, though it seems a bit too tall to mount on a vehicle like that. Razz

As for LDD, I have no idea... Are you sure nothing's running in the background? If so, you *might* be running out of RAM if it's an older machine... though I imagine that would have much bigger consequences...

IDK. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:29 am
@Tetra: Thank you! I understand what you mean. Razz

Glad you like the gun. I think I see what you mean about the height of the gun; I'll see what I can do. Razz

I usually have quite about 2-3 tabs open on Chrome but nothing else. I'm currently using a 2012 or 13 Macbook to run LDD, so I don't know what's wrong with it. Before I uninstalled it, it never had any problems, but now...eh. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 am
... yeah, RAM's definitely not the issue, then. Razz No idea what could be causing it...
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:10 pm
As to your LDD problems, I'm just as clueless. Sad I doubt this'll work, but what if you tried saving them in a different file?

As far as the models, they look great! The Lynx could definitely pass for a Humvee. Razz Whether that's good or bad, I dunno.
And I like the construction on both, especially the angling techniques you used on the fronts of them. The gun looks pretty good too.

EDIT: Also, another idea might be to export models rather than save them straight. Again, probably not gonna work considering screenshots also won't, but you never know. If nothing else a .lxfml file might be less effort for your comp to save.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:02 pm
@Arik: Thank you!

And thank you for your suggestions. I'll try them later. Thank you though! Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:59 pm
These are nice! The Cougar is awesome and futuristic, while the Lynx is excellent as a modern vehicle, but it doesn't feel future-minded enough for 2,606. The Stryker vehicle looked like it would have been great!

I hope you can figure out why LDD is treating you so badly. Sad 

ANd don't worry about inactivity, no one is REALLY active right now. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:05 am
@Dino: Thanks! I see what you mean about the Humvee. Razz And ok, at least I'm not the only one. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:20 am
This is why I always wait to comment until after dino does, cuase then all I have to say is "What dino said". Razz

I do like how you did the slanted front armor on the stryker, better than my failed attempt. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 am
@Ant: Thanks I guess. Razz As for the Stryker, maybe, but mine still failed. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum