Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

javelin - Javelin-Class Carrier Empty Javelin-Class Carrier

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:27 pm
Javelin-class Starfighter Carrier
Greetings, one and all, and all behold and hail the Javelin-class Starfighter Carrier! This is the latest and greatest from the Talon Design Conglomerate, the number one supplier of the MSI Grand Navy! Included is a stunning new innovation that will revolutionize the usage of starfighter battles within the Imperium: the Magnetic Acceleration Starfighter Slinger (to be described in a separate post).

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

STATS:

Armament:
4x MA-2 Medium Mass-Drivers
1x MA-2 Medium Dual Mass-Driver Turret
29x PD-1 Point-Defense Flak Batteries

Compliment:
2 Wings (72) of Dragon-class Combat Starfighters (MASS)
1 Wing (72) of Thunderstorm-class Assault Snubfighters (MASS)
15 Assorted Gunships and Shuttles (Secondary Landing Bays)

Crew:
6,000 Ship's Crew
~261 Pilots

Speed:
25 MGLT
Class 3 Hyperdrive (Backup Class 8 Hyperdrive)
4 MGLT/s Maximum Acceleration

Defenses:
700 RU Hull (A-12 Molecule-Bond Durasteel Armor)
1900 SBD Shields (S-2 Medium Double-Layered Dual Particle/Ray Shield Generator)

Here's the .LXF on Brickshelf.

And that's it for the Javelin-class Starfighter Carrier! Enjoy!
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

javelin - Javelin-Class Carrier Empty Re: Javelin-Class Carrier

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:48 pm
My, my, remarkably similar to the Jurir-class... Again, I commented on the LUCL page. Check it out, please?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm
Actually, I built this before you posted the Jurir, and I'd had the idea for quite some time before that.

Now, as for the LUCL comment, I'm pretty sure that crash nets and inertial compensators will take care of the inertia enough. Now, the point of this isn't really to make starfighters go faster than normal--though it can do that, to a degree. The point of the MASS system is to make slow starfighters go as fast as a starfighter can go, and to propel all fighters to top speed within seconds of the launch. This gives MSI fleets an advantage over others: rather than focusing starfighters' power and space on speed, we can devote much of that power and space to heavier weapons and shields, and go just as fast as or faster than any fighter/bomber.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 pm
Ah, but that's the thing: the MASS isn't going to grant it that speed for the fighters' entire flight. It's wear down evenutally because trying to maneuver at that speed isn't going to paste the pilot, but trying to dogfight at those speeds is like trying to hit a soda can in a drive-by while going at top speed-darn near impossible. Not to mention that if you do that, and the carrier is destroyed, well, your fighters are going to have a looong flight back home.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum