Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Aquila Class Attack Barge Empty Aquila Class Attack Barge

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:34 pm
Well, after nearly a month, the Aquila Class has finally arrived! Finally!

The Aquila was originally requested for development by Captain Axal of the 73rd Fleet during the beginning of PXE's alliance with the SoL task force. It was intended to be a small barge capable of developing troops to the surface of planets and quickly return to orbit. However, in the early stages of development, the Second Mukara War began with the Fourth Battle of Kalla, and its development was put at a standstill. As PXE lost battle after battle, with Mukara forces overwhelming them at the city of Olarth. However, PXE forces realized that airstrikes would not be sufficient in killing the Mukara that had fortified themselves in the sub-tunnels of PXE cities. Thus, the experimental blueprints were modified into much larger warships, heavily armed and armored, and much more capable in delivering massive amounts of troops, armored vehicles, and MI units to the surface. Production of the first three Aquila's began immediately after the intermediate stages of development. Within a week, all three were complete, thanks to their label as priority one projects. However, they faced serious design flaws, and undertrained crew members who were quickly rushed into battle for the impending counteroffensive at Olarth. Several modifications would later be made to the warp nacelle design structures to accommodate the short extension length of the landing gear. During the landing of Olarth, PXE crew literally aimed their weapons directly at the ventral warp nacelles, severing them from the ship, as they prevented the Aquila's from landing. This would be an issue that would need to be resolved quickly.

Unfortunately, with the situation at Kalla so desperate, they were forced to warp into Kalla with the fleet, two warp nacelles down. However, all three Aquila's made the journey and would proved vital for the success of the assault on Mukaran forces their, relieving the besieged defenders of the garrison at Kalla. As the war winded down, all eight Aquila's that were in service would be recalled to ship yards to be refitted and fixed before being deployed to Quadrant II, where the situation was less desperate.

The Aquila is perhaps one of the greatest engineering feats in PXE's history. It's design has the iconic PXE naval structure to it, but it is much larger and especially taller. Despite the early issues it faced, it would eventually prove critical to PXE invasions in later battles and wars. Its capability to land, unload troops, and pour out fighters was invaluable to PXE naval fleets and ground forces. It has become the symbol of the PXE's counteroffensive against the Mukara. During the late stages of the war, it represented PXE forces both in space, in the air, and on the ground. Perhaps, it is best summarized by Admiral Raznt himself, "Fight as one, unite as one." The Aquila would became a testament to Operation: Clean Sweep during the late stages of the Second Mukara War.

Spoiler:

Aquila’s are well accustomed to intense combat. They are capable of resisting artillery and missiles as if they are plastic knives on steel, making it extremely resilient. The Aquila is equipped with four large-scale loading ramps, each equipped with one TMC-2 to protect deploying troops in the case of an enemy attack. The ramps are massive, capable of allowing thousands of troops, MI units, and armored units to disembark. In addition, the Aquila is equipped with eight drop-bays, each heavily armored with opening hatches, preventing enemy fire from entering. The primary hangar bays are located in the same winglets as the ramp bays, but are spread along the dorsal and ventral hulls as well and throughout the ship. This allow it to carry massive amounts of fighters, dropships, and bombers, making it ideal for invasion. Aquila's are also equipped with a ventral training area, allowing it to function as a mobile barracks for recruits that have not received full training.

Spoiler:

The massive amounts of armaments onboard are more than capable of tearing up an enemy warship as if they were tissue paper. And also, unlike some barges and transports, the Aquila is more than capable, if not too capable of clearing its own LZ. It is capable of not only making a mess, but also cleaning up after itself. Its massive amount of SSC-5’s are devastating against both air, land, and space-based units and are located dorsally and ventrally for use against any targets. They can quickly soften up if not destroy any surface targets before deploying their massive amounts of fighters to finish the job.

Spoiler:

The Aquila is also capable of carrying a total of 96 cargo modules to store anything, from weapons, artillery parts, construction materials, medical equipment, and anything else that might be necessary.

Spoiler:

Landing might seem extremely difficult for the Aquila, especially for its massive size. However, the twin maneuvering banks located in the stern of the vessel can rectify this problem significantly, capable of rotating in any direction to ease landing or take off from a planet.

Spoiler:

Specifications:

Model: Aquila Class Attack Barge
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2606 - present
Cost: approx. 107.9 million SPXC

Length: ~2650 meters
Beam: ~400 meters
Height: ~335 meters

Affiliation: PXE Navy
In service: 2606 - present
Roles: attack barge, heavy carrier, heavy transport, freighter, supply ship, barge, orbital bombardment platform, artillery support, battleship

Armaments:
x86 TMC-1's
x42 TMC-2's
x56 TMC-3's
x20 TMC-4's
x6 SSC-1's
x48 SSC-2's
x46 SSC-5's
x1 SSC-8

Defenses:
37.1 - 42.8 cm
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 (prototype)

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 5 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 9.9...

Sublight Propulsion:
x2 SLPT-20
x12 SLPT-21’s (6/bank/maneuvering thrusters)
x10 SLPT-22’s (the small thrusters)
x4 SLPT-23’s (to aid the maneuvering banks)
x7 SLPT-24’s (3/maneuvering banks + 1 mounted independently on the stern)
x4 SLPT-25’s (the four nacelle engines)

Powerplant:
x8 MCEG-1’s
x1 HPSG-1 (made of 44 individual panels)
x38 HPEG-1’s
x46 HPEG-3’s

Complement:
Fighters: 147 squadrons of fighters (total)
x40 squadrons Phoenix advanced fighters
x20 squadrons Swallow light fighters
x20 squadrons Shrike heavy bombers
x5 squadrons Skylark stealth bombers
x30 squadrons Finch support gunships
x32 squadrons Fireclaw dropships

Land Units: 1 division (20,000 troops)
x3,000 troops
x13,000 hardsuit (MI-2 Anaconda units)
x4,000 MI-3 Taipan’s

x400 GAV-1 Velociraptor tanks
x400 GAV-2 Aucasaurus walkers

Lxf:

Whelp, it's finally complete. Took about a month's time. I worked really hard on this, and it turned out at 26,924 pieces, the largest and most piece-consuming model I've ever created. Though I do appreciate constructive criticism, I doubt I'll be doing much modifying; my computer is already out at about 15k pieces. I will fix the landing gear/main thruster problem soon (if my computer concurs), so yeah... Special thanks to Tetrahedron/MM for being so enthusiastic about the Aquila for no reason. Razz There was something else I was going to say but I forgot... Razz Anyway, constructive criticism is welcome, though I probably won't be implementing them, due to my computer... Neutral

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I made a couple modifications to the original .lxf. Therefore, the one I posted has less pieces and has a removed piece. However, these problems have been fixed in my own version, which I was too lazy to change. Razz

Anyway, I hope you enjoy...

-PXR
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Aquila Class Attack Barge Empty Re: Aquila Class Attack Barge

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:03 pm
Holy smokes, that thing is HUGE!! What's the brick count on it? The detail on this beast is immaculate, as always. It's probably on of the best overall ship designs that I've seen in a very long time. Genius! Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 am
First off let me say that surprisingly enough my aging PC was able to open this bad boy. Also, you still have one piece that won't connect correctly.

Now that I've said that. HOLY CLASSIC SPACE. THIS THING IS AMAZING! Curious, did you use the 1 stud = 10 Meters system? Or is it smaller than it's supposed to be. You have completely blown my mind with this ship. Possibly the best LDD starship I've ever seen to date. Good job my friend.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:07 am
@Spud: Thank you very much! And it's 26,924 pieces. Thanks! Very Happy

@J-red: IK. I fixed that, along with several other issues after I already uploaded the .lxf. Razz
And yep, 1 stud = 10 meters. And thank you so much! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 am
What needs to be said has already been said!

I can only say this is awesome! I am blown away, as always, when it comes to the awesomeness of your starships.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am

Spoiler:

Words cannot do this ship justice.

I am... in awe.

Please consider my dumbfounded silence my highest possible compliment.

I believe we are in the presence of the largest (by piece count) supercruiser ever built in the PCG-verse... and it isn't even a cruiser.

My hat is off to you for building such an absolutely incredible ship. It is not only MASSIVE, but beautiful, in a rugged, utilitarian, "I'm going to land in the middle of what was your planetary defense fortress before I looked at it the wrong way." Sort of super dangerous, "wow that's awesome" sort of beautiful.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:41 am
If anything had the right to be a planet killer it'd be this. And it isn't even. It's so gorgeous I want to hug it. And puke rainbows.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 am
*^^^ Feels a lot less weird for posting Wesley Crusher "Wow" pic.*
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:48 am
Aquila Class Attack Barge Misc-puking-rainbows

Now you're pukin' with portals!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:57 am
I think we're hopelessly off topic. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 am
XD *pokes topic back on topic with stick*

One thing I've noticed with your ships, there doesn't seem to be a lot of front facing firepower. Like with this one, your cannons couldn't shoot forward without blowing up the one in front of it. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:53 pm
YES

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HERE IT'S FINALLY HERE!

...ahem...Now that I've read it, I'm glad to know my blind fanboyism has been vindicated. Razz

Seriously, this is ABSOLUTELY one of the best ships ever built in the PCG-verse! It's simply insane how amazing this is. I'd put my criticisms here, but there are none to be had... it's just incredible in every sense of the word....

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

*Adopts the Dino dumbfounded-by-awesomeness-silence attitude*
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm
*Falls backward in a dead faint.*

*Wakes up sometime later.*

IT'S ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! This took a lot of talent, patience, and time to make this, and it shows! Wonderful job, Mirage! And just in time for the assault on Rator III! Very Happy

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:59 pm
@Talmid: Thank you so much! Smile

@Dino & J-red: Thanks for the graphic expressions! Razz

@Dino: Thank you very much! Very Happy Really glad you like it. Smile

@J-red: Lol! Razz Oh yeah...uhh... About that, AHEM, that will be a problem that will [hopefully] be rectified in later ships. Although, the frontal rocket launchers shoot guided projectiles, so technically they can shoot forward. The front-most cannons on the front and bottom can shoot forward and the nose cannon can shoot forward. And the front-most big cannons (the TMC-4's) can rotate around and shoot forward.

Which is only a fraction of the weapons. Aquila Class Attack Barge 851199844 My point is, yes it is an issue. Razz And, no, I have no idea how to fix it. Aquila Class Attack Barge 851199844 Razz

@Tetra: Lol. Razz Wow, really glad you like it though! Very Happy

EDIT:

@Scare: Lol, we posted at the same time! Razz Anyway, thank you so much! Hopefully I can finish the nacelle issues first though. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 pm
You could try staggering the weapons on various platforms like what was done on old earth battleships. (And many of my new ones)
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 pm
I see what you mean. I might try that. I kind of do already though, but not much, as in, I only stack the central column. Razz But I'll think about it. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 pm
I'm sorry if this counts as double-posting. While I do not like double-posting, I want to make sure people can check this out. I will edit the original creation and just add pics upon request. Wink

Anyway, this is the Aquila Class Attack Barge "B" Refit:

Changes:
*additional 8 SSC-5 pods (added on each side of both hangar bays)
*minus 1 TMC-2 (both mounted in the ventral side of the very stern removed)
*^because of aforementioned changes, both ventrally-mounted warp nacelles can lock inward to the main hull, allowing the use of the landing gear
*ventral communications and sensor systems removed (vulnerable to enemy fire while landed) to make room for a TMC-2
*additional 12 TMC-1's (4 added to each individual warp nacelle), with 2 removed from the ventral pylons (for pylon angling while landing), with a net gain of 12
*plus 4 SLPT-24's (one added to each pylon)

I'm not going to add a new .lxf, as there is nothing too new. However, most issues have been fixed. The vessel is now at 27,141 pieces, even more than before! Razz

Spoiler:

While I did say I wouldn't be implementing much constructive criticism, I would encourage all of you to point out any modifications you might like. I might modify the Aquila "B" again later on if I find any issues with it.

I also want to say that I finally modified the MI-3 Taipan thanks to some suggestions, so I will upload that later. Wink
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:03 am
Eh, it's not bad.

Pffffffthahahahahahahahahaah
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:02 am
@Supe: You really know how to encourage people, don't you? Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:17 pm
I was laughing at trying to keep a straight face while saying it was "not bad."

Obviously it's the greatest thing since spaghetti-and-maple-syrup, and I love it and wish it was a sub sandwich so I could eat it. I may eat it like one anyway, because it's so delicious. I mean good. It's really good. Razz

DUDE WAIT IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A SUB SANDWICH TOO

Life is amazing. :O
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:06 pm
@Supe: I always sometimes feel like you have problems and need to go see a doctor. Razz (JK...I hope Razz)
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:27 pm
ROFL!

...Hey, wait just a minute! I've been obsessing over this for a month! *I* should be the one eating it like a sub! Razz

PXR- You're new here, aren't you? Razz JK!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 pm
@Supe: Technically, Tetra is right, as he has been waiting for a month. Razz Maybe you should give him three-fourths of the sandwich to Tetra. Razz

@Tetra: Yes, that's why I don't know why who you are or what you mean by waiting a month. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:34 pm
That's Mightyman. xD

Three fourths??! How about up to and not exceeding one-fourteenth of total profit, if any?
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:35 pm
@Supe: You're too greedy. Maybe you won't get any at all. You can have that one person's leftovers. Wait, his name is Mighty? Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum