Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Empty Taurus Class Battlecruiser

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 pm
Taurus Class Battlecruiser GetMedia
Taurus Class Battlecruiser GetMediaTaurus Class Battlecruiser GetMedia

LDD File

While the latest starship to roll out of Alpha Centauri Fleet Yards resembles a Talmidon kitbash more than anything else, the Taurus Class Battlecruiser is still a unique line of starships.

Most of the saucer detail is indeed stolen from the USS Talmidon 3, but in varying shades of gray. There is no multi vector assault mode separation between the saucer and engineering hull, the latter of which is a complex design consisting of a hanger bay, several phaser banks, several rear facing torpedo launchers, and a rotating torpedo node - all connected through catwalks and lines and curves and warp nacelles and everything else that makes a starship look weird.

Hull armor consists of several feet of whatever armor Federation warships use; shields are capable of deflecting transphasic weapons.

Forward firepower is one of the Taurus's biggest strengths - and isn't a weakness. Torpedo launchers line the front of the saucer, meaning obliteration to any target that is within their line of fire.

On most starships, the torpedo magazines would be right behind the torpedo launchers. On this ship, nope. The torpedo bays are someplace else in the ship, so you can't set the ship on fire by shooting the torpedo launchers unless they're loaded.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Empty Re: Taurus Class Battlecruiser

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:22 pm
Fyah Pow-wah!!!!! That's one tough looking battlecruiser Talmid! Nice job!

The forward weapons and the quad nacelles make this ship truly fear inspiring! (to those who should be afraid of it)

This reminds me of something: how would you feel if I were to (possibly) attempt a Talmidon type ship? It's iconic as it's your personal ship... I don't think I'd give it the same level of weaponry and over all power as yours has as yours is a flagship and mine would be a tribute to the PCG's ally in Starfleet. Would you be okay with your personal ship being used as inspiration for a Phoenix Group battlecruiser?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:05 pm
Well.... Star Fleet did do a limited production run of a few battleships based on the Talmidon III, known as Beneficent Class Battleships, but aside from that, personally I would prefer that the Talmidon remain a personal ship. Smile

It would still be cool to see though. Very Happy

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:20 pm
Wow, the color change makes a big difference! Personally, I didn't recognize the Talmidon aspects of the ship until you told me what they were, so it's not the ripoff that you say it is.
Also, talmid, please, please, please say yes to Dino's request to build a talmid-type ship! It would be so cool to see someone's interpretation of the Talmidon!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Fine. Razz Take it away Dino! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
Thanks Talmid... right now I'm not building anything.... but I might at some point. Wink And of course you would have a LOT of say in control of the ship/class (it'd probably just be one ship, inspired by the Talmidon's design, but not anywhere near as powerful *still VERY powerful, just not personal ship powerful*)
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 pm
It looks....errhmm...uhh....mm....hmmm.......good, really really good, but busy, too much detail. Kinda like a supercar that needs a car wash. Now I'm all for geebling and adding detail and weapons and ligths and stuff, but I don't think it's going together quite as well as it could. But the ship itself looks awesome! Very rugged, poweful, more like a F-450 or a semi than a supercar. Very nice! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum