Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

England Class Battlecruiser Empty England Class Battlecruiser

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 pm
I'm just going to link the images from the Creation Lab.  It takes too long for me to find the pictures I need among the 2000 pictures in my My Pictures folder. Razz

England Class Battlecruiser GetMedia

Flip da pic!

With multiple torpedo launchers, numerous phaser strips and phaser banks, and several decks within which live and serve countless personnel, officers, engineers, doctors, and civilians coming along for the ride, the England indeed carries a high amount of crew and sometimes passengers, numbering in the several hundreds, maybe more.

The total seating capacity is 1150, but rarely are these starships that full.

Weapons systems consist of 6 Transphasic Phaser Strips, 20 Micro Transphasic Torpedo Launchers, 11 Transphasic Phaser Banks, 14 Transphasic Torpedo Launchers (6 fore, 8 aft), and 4 Rotating Transphasic Torpedo Launchers. Quite a large amount and variety of weaponry for a starship.

Propulsion systems are Impulse Engines, a master Warp Core, and a master Transwarp Core, with emergency thrusters for the Impulse Engines ready to be fired up in case they are disabled, and three secondary cores to keep the Warp Drive online in case the master core is disabled or needs to be ejected. The Transwarp core has only one extra emergency core, since while Transwarp is standard propulsion on board Federation ships, it is commonly looked down upon by most captains as being unconventional, unreliable, and very scary.

The only officers to really (over) use the Transwarp drive are Fleet Captain Talmid, Captain Gary Vermont, and Captain Greg Silverbrick.  It's that scary.

Active England Class Battleships in Star Fleet consist of the USS England, the USS Yorkshire, the USS Burlington, and the USS Hampshire, with one more, the USS Liverpool, awaiting a commanding officer.  It currently has a skeleton crew who can keep it online and possibly fly it into some basic operations if the need arises.

Download link, hosted by the Creation Lab:
http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/GetMedia.aspx?id=8d93af23-cc26-4100-869f-4fb37387d88c

This is but one of many overpowered (I try to keep them realistic, and I like to think I'm successful Razz) Federation battleships and battlecruisers.  The storm is coming!  Run for the hills!  Maybe now you'll regret inviting Talmid over! Razz

Lastly, the USS Burlington is captained by Captain Gary Vermont, former first officer on the USS Talmidon III Refit when he was still a lowly Commander.

- Facepalmid
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

England Class Battlecruiser Empty Re: England Class Battlecruiser

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 pm
I'm regretting it already! I've never seen a bigger flood of n00bish ships in all my life!....
nah! Just kidding. I like it! It's shiiiiiiny! Though I seem to find it a little hard to believe that the Federation was able to advance to transwarp as standard transportation. Razz They're always just soo.....backwards! Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am
Well, most captains like to see the use of transwarp as simply an emergency procedure.  Because they use a lot of power, transwarp cores are restricted mostly to large scale cruisers and battleships, like this one. :PEven then, they can really make an impact on even the largest of battleships' dilithium storage.  Excessive use of the transwarp drive was even able to bring the USS Talmidon III Refit down to its knees. Razz

Here's an excerpt from an unfinished Creation Lab story. :PPrior to this chapter, Talmid has ordered the use of transwarp around 50 times. Razz

Actions of Treachery Chapter 23 wrote:The bridge was in chaos as all of sudden for no apparent reason at this current sentence, all the lights dimmed and the ship's computer announced, "Primary Auxiliary power down to 5%. Weapons systems, warp engines, sublight thrusters, viewscreen, non-engineering consoles, and non-bridge consoles are now offline." There you have it.

"Overridden." Talmid interjected. "Turn the sublight thrusters back online."

"Sublight thrusters back online." the computer agreed. Then it brought its evil side out again and said, "Primary Auxiliary Power down to 3%."

It seemed everyone except for Talmid (and Dave the superserious tactical officer) was in a panic when Talmid got out of his facepalm and shouted, "NOW EVERYBODY BE QUIET NAOW. I want you all to listen to me and follow my orders *quietly*.

"Ahem, Lt. Tylers, put the ship into reverse drive on sublight thrusters, we're evading that nuclear-missile-whatever-it-is the old fashioned way. Dave, I want you to keep track of that warhead's course and let us know when we're clear of it. And Lt. Kyle, scan the interior of the warhead." Talmid ordered in a fleet captainly way.

Silently, Brad put the ship into reverse and it began moving backwards very slooooowly. At the same time, Albert was waiting for a readout on the interior construction of the missile, which also at the same time was coming closer and closer to the Talmidon.

Dave spoke up. "The missile is remaining on its original course."

"That's music to my ears," Talmid breathed. "But we haven't cleared it yet, have we?"

"Nope," Dave said, "but we're getting there."

Ten tense seconds later, Dave announced, "We're clear!" and at the same time the computer stated, "Primary Auxiliary Power is now offline." and the engines shut off.

There was silence for several seconds, until Dave announced, "The warhead is clear."

Then all the lights turned back on and the computer chirped, "Backup Auxiliary Power is now online."

Talmid facepalmed, while Gary said, amused, "There's such a thing?"

"COMPUTER." Talmid raged. "WHY YOU NO TURN ON BACKUP AUXILIARY POWER TWENTY SECONDS AGO." He stood up from his chair and stormed into his ready room.

"Are weapons back online?" Gary asked.

"Most certainly." Dave told him.

"Alright then, fire an antimatter torpedo on an intercept course with the missile." Gary instructed. "On screen."

As the bridge crew minus Talmid watched, the torpedo impacted with the missile and then with the tiny, minute flash that all antimatter torpedoes give off in destruction, both objects disappeared.

"ITZ A FAKE!!!!!!"
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 pm
I highly doubt that Trasnwarp would be any big deal at all by now, we are around one hundred and fifty years passed ST-Voy.... I imagine that transwarp is now the "Standard method of FTL travel" with warp serving as backup. I can't imagine it even being installed on ships if using it in realistic situations was such massive power drain that it left the ship dead in the water after only a few uses... But eh, it's your faction. Smile

Anyways, onto the ship itself. VERY nice work Talmid!!! Very Happy It looks very.... Federation-y... Razz Well done. Smile
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:50 pm
I loves it, Talmid! Nice blend of SW and ST styles, IMO. Like the shiny bricks, too!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:44 pm
Well, if you want me to be honest, I think it looks like a bloated fish. Razz I never really liked the idea of having the deflector dish up on the very tip of the bow of the ship. That's a very non-strategic position. I can only wonder what the engineers who designed this thing were thinking when they deemed it a battleship. Razz

Oh wait, I am the aforementioned engineers.

What was I thinking? Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 am
That IS just the navigational Deflector though, so it would only lose the ability to go into warp.... (long pause) okay... bad idea.  Razz

Last edited by dino27 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 am
Homeland security then. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: