Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter Empty Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 pm
Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter GetMedia
Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter GetMediaFirehawk Class Stealth Fighter GetMedia

LDD File

The Firehawk isn't the most durable aircraft, but it makes up for it in agility and speed. As Star Force is looking into acquiring cheaper, more economic aircraft, they needn't overlook this little fighter.

Shown here is an expensive, impractical variant of the Firehawk, known as the "Stealth Fighter."  In previous stealth operations, Star Force usually installed a cloaking device on a Star Falcon and that was it.

"It," however, came with plenty of faults.  The Star Falcon was only chosen because it was

1. A fighter.

and

2. Had the power to support such a cloaking device.

The cloaking device did take up a lot of power though, severely weakening the Star Falcon in its strongest characteristic: Power.

So, that's why Star Force decided to try something different, like turning the tiny little Firehawk into a purpose-built Stealth Fighter.  However, because of the "Stealth"y nature of this operation, many of the details on this are classified.

All we know is, any Firehawk Stealth Fighters that do currently exist are still experimental.

I can tell you something about the original Firehawk though.  It is an interesting fighter, using propulsion, weapons, and energy systems not seen on any other aerospace craft used by Star Force.  As in, it's not built by United Star Fighters Inc., HPC, Talmidian Starship Industries, or any of the familiar names when it comes to Federation Star Fighters, so it's very different.  The original Firehawk was also never designed for space operations, instead designed as purely an atmospheric fighter, for planetary based flights.

Weapons consisted of four 100 mj rated guns on the wings and 50 mj rated guns on the nose.

Landing gear was three MFG, or "Magnetic Flux Generator" pads, which were designed to stick to the magnetic hull of aircraft carriers when deployed, effectively landing the fighter.

Yeah.  Very different.  Whatever Star Force is doing to convert these into aerospace Stealth Fighters, it's probably going to take a lot of work.

And they're calling it "purpose-built."  ROTFL. Razz

And yes, if you download the LDD File and look inside the cockpit, I really did manage to fit a pilot in there.  I don't know how, but I did. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter Empty Re: Firehawk Class Stealth Fighter

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 am
I'm guessing the pilot is laying flat on his back, probably with his hands somewhat up in the air? Razz Nice, I like the weapons fire in the third picture. It's quite an intersting fighter, and good to see some variation! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:44 pm
OH YEAH!!!!!! NIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!! She's AWESOME! So sleek, smooth, aerodynamic, stealthy, nimble looking, aggressive, quick, intuitive, advanced... you sir have just made of the coolest and most unusual fighters I have seen to date, great job! I love how different and modern this looks, and I look forward to more from the same company! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:19 pm
i wouldn't say nimble....or aerodynamic (wings are too straight)....or aggressive.......but it does look advanced.......and smooth, but not sleek. Deffinnitly unusaly though. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 pm
Nimble, um... yeah, check out those wings/frontal flaps. Add a pair of thrusters to the wingtips and you have an AMAZING craft that turns on a dime.

Aerodynamic, fine have it your way. Razz (mumbles a barely audible "you're right" under my breath Razz )

Aggressive, it does to me, in a stealthy, ninja-y kind of way.

Sleek, look at the low profile on that thing... coming from the twelve or six oh clock, this thing is going to be pretty hard to hit, as you have to line up to a very small vertical profile as your target.

Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm
I should probably say this, the Firehawk here is based off the "Super Firehawk" from an old flying game I play called "Ultrafighters." In that game, there are two main fighters which you can fly, the Firehawk Series and the Tiger Hawk Series. The Firehawk is actually the less agile of the two, but it has more weapons. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 pm
I see...well I think part of my problem is that it's reminding me of some robot fighters I made all the time when I was little, which, while a ton of fun, where just *shudder* aweful. Razz

And that's not the definition of sleek, my dear dino. though I could give you nimble on the technicality that it's space, though it doesn't yet have the thrusters, it doesn't look nimble, and...not aggressive....maybe accurate, like a sniper...or a B-2 Stealth Bomber.....but not aggressive.....it's more of a hit n run kinda fighter, not a tough it out while dishing it out kinda fighter....which is kinda of it's purpose, being a stealth fighter. Razz But I wouldn't say ninja-y...... Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:14 pm
Eh, whatever, I still say it looks awesome. To each their own. If I agree with Talmid, I don't agree with AA, if I agree with AA, I don't agree with Talmid.... interesting... Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:17 pm
I think you side with talmid more than me...except about the number of star-fighter weapons.... Razz

Then again, I must confess being a slight hypocrite in that area, I never did get to show you all Tyson's custom star-fighter....it ended up with four, rather large, gattling guns....in addition to multiple other weapons. Razz Just one was massive and overkill....but to balance it out I ended up with four..... Razz Let's jsut say it doesn't believe in second passes. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum