Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Black Mamba Empty Black Mamba

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 am
Black Mamba LDDScreenShot36
Black Mamba LDDScreenShot37
Black Mamba GalleryFile
You can download the LXF from this page.

The Black Mamba is a class of atmospheric electric powered aircraft commonly used by space pirates bold enough to seize the resources of an entire planet, the planet included.  The Black Mamba can be launched from a hovering air carrier or from a base on land.  Prior to its space pirate employment, the Black Mamba was originally conceived as an Earth fighter.  It is from the original blueprints that the following specs have been salvaged.

SPECS
Type: Single Seat Fighter
Max Speed: 355 MPH
Max Altitude: 28,000 ft.
Range: 185 miles
Armament: 4 X 100 Mj rated guns

During its short Earth combat career the Black Mamba has shown itself to be a formidable fighter.  Its heavy armament, speed, and durability were superior to other electric fighters of its time.  It lacks however in its ability to turn, and is weak in a low speed dogfight.

That, coupled with its, as of the 26th Century, low top speed, means that should they be encountered by any modern aerospace fighter, they should be relatively easy to shoot down, assuming they haven't been substantially upgraded.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Black Mamba Empty Re: Black Mamba

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:13 pm
That is one sloooooooooow fighter, even by World War II standards. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm
Ignore Ant's criticism, Talmid. Heck with the specs, I love this thing's design! Very Happy

(I know specs are important, Ant, but really, what's the MOST important thing about designing 'round here? LOL. Razz )
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 pm
It's from the electric era, of course it's gonna be slow. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:01 am
Aside from the super slow speed.... I really like the design, BUT, where the heck does the pilot sit...?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:40 am
Oh, the pilot.... errrr, he kind of doesn't sit.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:33 pm
Ah... so he lays in it?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:43 pm
You could say that.... Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:23 am
This is leading me to believe that the "pilot" is either, A). an AI unit (which would make the fighter a drone, highly expendable, and and would compensate for low speed with superior numbers) or, B). the vital organs of an organic being have been transplanted into the fighter to pilot it, dispensing with the rest of the body (this would be very similar to Dreadnoughts from Warhammer 40k. A Dreadnought is "piloted" by a Space Marine that is too mortally injured, but can be kept alive by the Dreadnought's life support systems). I'm hoping it's the former, because the latter is very questionable morally.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:32 am
Or the pilot lies down to pilot. There have been a few real world fighters like that.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 am
^^Or he just doesn't need to be sitting up. The pilot's side of the cockpit "glass" actually includes an HUD system for him to see outside where he most likely can't at his angle. His helmet displays similar information, and can be linked to the aircraft's computer.

@Kojan: Well, the Black Mamba was built around the time of the Eugenics Wars, so its preferred pilot isn't your typical human. He's got some genetic modifications, but he is definitely a human. He's not wired into the aircraft or anything like that.

Here's a picture of him. I think he looks as human as a minifig gets. Razz

Spoiler:
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm
Ah, see? That one picture is all we needed to wrap up all of this speculation. When J-red asked if the pilot was in a prone/lying position to pilot, and you gave the cryptic answer of "You could say that...", I thought that maybe you had devised some strange new way of piloting fighters (with the options of sitting and lying down ruled out or not confirmed). Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 pm
Oops, sorry about that Kojan. Razz

edit: By the way, a few modern modifications should be able to bring the Black Mamba up to speed, literally. Several centuries have passed since the fighter's first introduction and the current stardate, so there's plenty of "new" technology we can stuff on it.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:46 pm
This is one awesome looking fighter! I strongly advise you up the speed 1,000-2,000%, and increase the altitude to around 60,000-85,000 feet. (Assuming this is a WW III fighter?)

Anyways, I LOVE the design of this thing! Very Happy

Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:07 pm
Weeeell, I forgot to give credit, but this Black Mamba is actually based heavily on a fighter carrying the same name from an old game I like to play sometimes. That game's main campaign takes place in the 26th Century, in the Solomon Islands to be exact. Ultra Fighters, the game is called. The aircraft are electric powered, as fossil fuels no longer exist. I guess it takes place after "World War III", which the game calls the Global War. In bringing my version of the fighter into the PCG universe, I had to make some changes to its history, because I doubt Earth would engage in a pitiful civil war, obliterate themselves using ancient fossil fuel and nuclear weapons, and then use electricity of all things to power their new craft? Dilithium is so much better.

I guess I could up the stats, since my Black Mamba doesn't follow the game's Black Mamba's timeline.... Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 am
Ah, that explains it.
Eh, it still looks awesome no matter how fast it is going
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: