Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer Empty Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:48 pm
Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer Nirvo_10

The Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer is a heavily armed and armored warship that is equipped with a multitude of armaments to deal with enemy vessels or support other PXE ships. The Nirvo'Kor is used as a mainstay ship that is a good balance between firepower, defense, fighter complement and speed.  

The Nirvo'Kor can be separated into five main sections (which is how I built it): the bridge, first bay, first hull, second bay, and warp nacelle. The bridge contains the command and secondary bridges, as well as fuel pods and the cloaking device. The first and second bay contains the primary broadside armaments and main hangar decks. The first hull is equipped with fuel pods and generators. The warp nacelles contain the warp core and actual nacelles.

Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer Nirvo_11  

Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyers are heavily armed. Though small, they are capable of taking on much larger enemy ships in combat. Armed with the dreaded KP-3s that are almost always fatal to enemy aircraft, it can easily fend off fighter attack. Though their primary targets are enemy fighters, they can be just as deadly against capital ships if used en masse. The KP-6 and KP-7 turrets are meant to engage capital ships; slow, but powerful and long-ranged. These can cause critical damage to enemy vessels with stunning accuracy, making them even more deadly. A single volley from these cannons aimed at a vital area or particularly weaker spot on an enemy ship can cause severe or fatal damage. However, the KP-7s have limited mobility, making them less reliable, with the KP-6s only mounted on either side of the secondary bridge.  

The Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer also features several impressive defenses. As usual, the Nirvo'Kor's are equipped with absorbic armor, rendering both projectile and energy weapons significantly less effective. However, the Nirvo'Kor is also equipped with a light-bending and hyperkinetic distortion cloak that renders it undetectable through normal systems as well isothermal and thermalkinetic scanning systems. Nirvo'Kor destroyers are given Mk. 1 standard shielding grids.  

The Nirvo'Kor also has an impressive fighter complement. It is capable of holding up to four squadrons of Phoenix fighters or six squadrons of Swallow fighters. Generally, a Nirvo'Kor will carry three squadrons of Phoenix fighters and two squadrons of Swallow fighters.  

The Nirvo'Kor, despite its length is quite agile and fast. Its speeds can match that of a pursuit vessel, making it an asset during hit-and-run assaults.  

Armaments: (2 independent barrels per cannon/turret)
x13 KP-3 anti-fighter cannons
x24 KP-7 long-range ship-to-ship cannons
x2 KP-6 heavy turrets  

Defenses:
6.2 - 7.9 cm absorbic armor
Mk. 1 standard shielding grid
Mk. 2 cloaking device  

Warp Capabilities:
Mk. 4 warp drive: warp factor 37.92...  

Fighter Complement:
Fleet:  
x3 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x2 squadrons Swallow Class Light Fighters
Invasion:
x2 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x1 squadron Swallow Class Light Fighters
x1 squadron Finch Class Support Gunships
OR
x2 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x1 squadron Fireclaw Class Dropships
x1 squadron Finch Class Support Gunships

Credits:
I got some inspiration while looking at some amazing starship MOCS.
Anybody think there's a resemblance between the Nirvo'Kor and the transports from Starship Troopers?  Razz  (in the Invasion of Klendathu)

And something else: Can someone tell me how to make a new topic in the Embassy called PXE? I think I want to start my own group. If I'm not allowed to, it's okay. Thank you!  Wink
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer Empty Re: Nirvo'Kor Class Destroyer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:43 pm
This is a seriously cool ship, no buts about it. It seems like a heavily armed and armored space-submarine, what with its design, armaments, and stealth capabilities. The cannon designs are clever, though you could easily say the same for the rest of the ship. Razz

My only critique would be to keep the fuel pods in the most heavily armored and protected part of the ship, rather than sitting on the exterior. A couple of well-aimed rounds could potentially immobilize the ship, making it dead in the water, so to speak. Razz

9/10

In response to your last note, I created a new sub-forum in the Embassy for you, as that's an admin action. However, if you want other sub-forum in THAT sub-forum (as seen in the rest of the embassy factions), just tell me what to name them and I'll create them for you. Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:03 pm
@Kojan: Thank you very much! Lol, now that you mention it, I don't know why the fuel pods are outside.  Razz And thanks for creating the sub-forum!  Very Happy 

Can you make a "PXE Army", "PXE Navy", "PXE Air Force", "PXE History", and "PXE Technology" please? Thank you very much.  Smile

Thanks very much for making the sub-forums!  Smile 
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm
Warp 10 is the maximum possible warp, just so ya know. Something weird about being everywhere at once past that......I didn't make it, but yeah, warp 9.9999999 is pretty much the limit, warp 10 with Wave Motion Technology (limited to Johnnyred), The Antlays are the only race capable of faster speeds, hyperdrives are on roughly the same speeds as warp I believe.

So warp 37 seems a bit excessive, specially for a vehicle that size. Other than that, pretty darn cool! Although those are some large AA guns, still nicely made though. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:15 am
Oooo, purdy! Razz I love the use of SNOT. It seems well-thought-out, if a bit overpowered. Nice work!

Ant: *Nerd Alert* Actually, hyperdrive propulsion is quite a lot faster than warp propulsion. You could get from one side of the galaxy the other in a matter of days with a hyperdrive, a journey that would take a century or more at maximum warp. That said, hyperdrive jumps require complex calculations beforehand, while you can go to warp at the push of a button. A hyperdrive would be better for long distance travel, but a warp core is the most practical for smaller distances.

Boy, are we nerds or what? Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:02 am
@Alien: Lol, thanks! Just divide my warp factor by like 5.3 since I use a different warp scale. Lol, I don't know how make the AA guns any smaller without reducing detail. Razz

@Spud: Thanks! Btw, how does a hyperdrive work? I know a warp drive works by expanding space time behind and contracting space time in front (at least the Alcubierre), generating a warp bubble. But what about hyperdrive? The warp drive is also extremely feasible, based on new calculations that cut down power requirements significantly. I've heard rumors of NASA building an ISX Enterprise, the first ever man-made warp capable ship.

Btw, don't expect any response until about a day; very busy today and tmr.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:59 pm
Mirage: Well, there are two hyperdrive systems that I know of. The first, of course, is the one found in the Star Wars universe. It's never really explained how that hyperdrive system works. The other system, the one all my Narkova ships use, is from another sci-fi TV show called Stargate SG-1. Those hyperdrives work (I think) by creating a small portal in real space that enters into subspace, through which the ship is catapulted. The ship re-enters real space by opening another portal from subspace into real space. Hyperspace travel of this type can take a ship from Earth to the other side of the Milky way in a matter of days, and can go from Earth to the Pegasus galaxy in three weeks. Now that's fast. Very Happy

Also, a real warp-capable spacecraft? Seriously? That's amazing! I knew that the idea behind Star Trek warp travel was theoretically possible, but I didn't think we'd even try to build something that ambitious so soon. What else have you heard about it?
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 pm
Actually, NASA is not building a warp-capable space craft at the present time. The "IXS Enterprise" was a visualized mock-up of what a warp-capable space ship might actually look like. There are plans to use this proof-of-concept as a test-bed to see if warp travel is in fact possible, but we are decades, if not centuries away from any sort of exa-solar travel. Sorry to crush your hopes, but I just wanted to establish the facts.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:28 pm
@Kojan: News sites has a way with blowing things out of proportion. Razz

Mirage, that design is both exotic and beautiful!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:15 pm
Kojan: Ahhh, that makes more sense. I thought it sounded a little too good to be true. Laughing
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 pm
As previously stated, warp speeds cannot exceed warp 9.99999(cont.).

Mach speeds are obviously those past the speed of sound. Warp speeds exceed lightspeed (Hyperdrives are on the same scale. Just so you know, a parsec is NOT a measure of speed or time. Don't make the mistake that Star Wars made. it is a measure of distance.)

Warp 10 is the maximum speed. At that point, you exceed the light barrier into the time barrier and are literally everywhere at once. On older ships if this speed was exceeded strange mutations were experienced by the crews of said ships. Fortunately, current technology has been provided for crews to safely utilize this speed, however, it is limited to certain ships and said ships must be of a certain design and utilizing Wave Motion Technology.

Wave Motion Technology may only be used by me or if given permission by me and I have the rights to regulate the power on a ship or the number of ships using it. In order to use it, you must be approved to use WMT and also give me an accurate description of the tech.

WMT is not of my own creation, however, outside of me, there isn't anyone else in the PCG that knows about the series that the tech is from, otherwise I would allow it to everyone for limited usage.

If you wish to utilize WMT, please research it and then submit an application for it with a description of it as well as what you plan to utilize it on.

Thank you,

Captain Johnnyred,
PCG Founding Member,
Council of the Phoenix

PS - Sorry if I seemed harsh, it's just that WMT is so powerful that its usage must be carefully monitored. I heartily welcome you to the PCG forum and whichever faction you choose to join. I know you have created your Phoenix Engineering unit, however, separate factions that are not part of the PCG are not allowed to be created until you have three active members within it, until that time, feel free to join any other faction that we currently have on the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here! BTW, were you on the lab? If so what was your username, if not, how did you find out about us?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:52 pm
Not meaning to intrude, but PXR is mirage3145. He represented the APEF and later the Planetary Alliance during the PCG years on the Creation Lab, but most importantly he is a great friend to me and I'm sure to everyone. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:56 pm
That, Mirage, is some BEAUTIFUL SNOT work!!! I must agree with Kojan... That is one tactically-inclined-cool ship! But the external fuel pods could be an issue.

I love all the detail you packed into this relatively small vessel, and the building in sections bit reminds me of some of my own work. Razz

Also, nice job on the diagram. Smile

As you'll notice, we get off topic VERY quickly. Razz

Nerd re-alert:
Spoiler:
End nerd alert
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm
@Spud &Kojan: Oops, sorry for the misinfo.  Embarassed Crying or Very sad Razz 
@Talmid: Lol, I agree. Razz And thanks!
@Johnnyred: It's fine!  Smile But just a question, should I quit PXE and join another faction then? Oh, and as Talmid said Razz, I'm mirage3145 from the lab.
@Talmid: *in emotional voice* Thanks.  Crying or Very sad Razz 
@Vardok: Thanks! Lol, in hindsight, IDK why I put the fuel pods outside.  Razz Razz Embarassed Lol! Thanks again. Lol, thanks for confusing me again.  Razz 
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:23 pm
@Spud: I was under the impression that in this universe, hyperdrive was on roughly the same scale as warp. The fastest hyperdrives being equivilant to warp 9.9999. I realize they are much faster in the Star Wars universe. Razz But aside from a few exceptions, I believe that any propulsion technology at max is about equal to warp 9.9999999

@Johnneh: The Warp 10 barrier thing......I always hated that. Razz It's about as bad as saying that Mach 3 makes you break the light barrier and you start to be seen everywhere at once. I just go along with it for consitency's sake....well....I sorta do. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum