Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

(Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer Empty (Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:53 am
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hgvb3zpv5rucd9t/Arondight_Class_Destroyer.lxf

With the size of a frigate, the speed of a corvette, and the guns of a cruiser, the Arondight Class Destroyer is a highly advanced warship of the Imperial Navy. Unlike most Imperial vessels that rely heavily on the use of man-power, the Arondight makes use of vast banks of supercomputers, allowing it to plot complex maneuvering patterns and firing solutions, while drastically reducing the crew-count. The two large SRC-1/s mounted on the upper bow allow the ship to charge in and inflict massive damage against enemy ships and battlegroups. The one main drawback of the vessel is its cost. The price:firepower ratio is very high, meaning that Arondight fills a specialty role and, as such, is far fewer in number than, say, Resolute classes, and is more difficult to product on fringe worlds. Despite this, the Arondight has proven itself time and time again as a fantastic, hunter-vessel.

Crew: 325

Length: 440m
Beam: 150m
Height: 120m

Weapons:
-18x AFAC-1a/c Guns
-2x SRC-1/s
-2x HAC-17 Guns

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Communications:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shielding

Shield Generators:
2x FVS Mk. II Medium Shield Generator

Armor:
0.55-1.25m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor Plating

Powerplant:
1x Fulcrum Anti-Matter Generator

Phase Drives:
3x RSE-Mk. II Sub-Light Drive
3x EDE-Mk IV Phase Drive

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kojan on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

(Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer Empty Re: (Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 am
Mmmmm... I do love that Imperial-navy style you have going. Excellent ship, I must say! I like the idea of a fast-strike artillery ship thing, and you did it very well here. Razz

...TBCH, there isn't really much to say here. I like the ship, it's cool, and... yeah. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

(Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer Empty Re: (Destroyer) Arondight Class Destroyer

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 pm
Mighty summed it up perfectly. It's beautiful, just beautiful. Well done. Excellent build, Kojan! 

My ONE complaint is a complete lack of on-site pictures. (I feel like there should be at least one.) 

Other than that, the ship itself looks great to me.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 pm
As usual, very well-done, Kojan! Love your style. Wink
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:23 pm
Sorry about the delay in a response. School and work dragged me away for a few days there! Razz

Glad you guys liked it! Any other criticisms?

Also, Dino: what did you mean by "on-site pictures"?
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 pm
Pictures on the PCG site, I know there we have a link to pics, but it irks me for no rational reason I can think of that there aren't pics on this page. Just a link to pictures.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 pm
What dino said, only I have a rational reason, I had to go to that other website, which wasted time and energy, and then had to wait for it to load the pictures!
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm
Other criticisms? Maybe only one: seems like there are too many slanted slabs, if you know what I mean. There's like four of them. I think two would be more aesthetically pleasing, IMO. Wink
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:07 pm
Have to agree about the on-site images. Though I will disagree with Scare about the slanted armor plates: I like the number you have, but I would move the ventral (smaller, bottom, rhombus-shaped) ones farther forward. With there they are now it looks a bit...I suppose "choppy" is the closest term I can conceive of at the moment. Moving them forward would improve the..."flow" of the design.

And I'll withhold comment on the absurdity of having the firepower of a cruiser, speed of a corvette, packed into the body of a frigate and not have said ship be paper-thin when it comes to armor and shields like glass (not that I think you actually have shields, though).
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 pm
I'd once again like to apologize for my absence/late replies. Razz

I shall also go back to the original practice of putting the photos on the site directly, as it seems to be the most popular choice. Razz For me, it's just easier to put a link, since I host my images through imgur anyway, and imgur handles things like scaling the picture to fit your screen better than the site does. But I can see the weariness of going to an external link, so I'll stop doing that.

@Scare: Noted! I was just trying to experiment with a style I had done a long time ago, just revised for my more modern vessels. Thank you for the critique!

@Jace: Your absurd comment is noted. I kind of thought of the destroyer like this:

Spoiler:

The destroyer combines qualities of those three major ship classes, but doesn't exemplify any of them. It's faster than a frigate or cruiser, so it's part corvette. It's got more firepower (in its main guns, at least) than a frigate or corvette, so it's part cruiser. It's smaller than a cruiser and bigger than a corvette, so it's part frigate. I also mentioned in the main paragraph that the ship has a relatively high cost for its size, hoping that that would offset any OP-ness. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:37 pm
ARC/Kojan: To point out, the exact definitions of ship classifications like that aren't exactly very clear-cut. Razz Even in real life they differ enormously between time periods, navies, and sometimes even individual ships/classes within a specific navy.
And now that a dozen different people have extrapolated these vague definitions into multiple factions, or worse used modified definitions taken from assorted science fiction series that did it, there's really no solid way to come up with universal definitions for each classification. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:49 pm
I always thought of destroyers are smaller than frigates and cruisers and frigates being faster than destroyers an cruisers, with cruisers being like small battleships.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:43 pm
Dunno about the destroyers, but the other two are about right. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:20 pm
Destroyers, from my understanding, are usually the heavily-armed scouts - slower than frigates but able to take a beating that would cause a frigate (were it personified) to scream in terror, and shoot back. The corvette, of course, being the short-ranged, smaller cousin of the frigate for the most part. Cruisers, well, it would depend on what kind: CL, CA, or BC?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum