Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

(Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship Empty (Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:07 pm
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6nabofib45kt1w/Conveyance%20Mk%20II%20Class%20Transport%20Ship.lxf

The Conveyance Mk. II Class Transport Ship stands alone as the largest transport vessel in the Yaka Empire, with the ability to carry two and a half Corps (250,000 troops) in a single haul, in addition to their equipment, vehicles, and gear. This means that it only takes four of these to carry an entire Army, and a fleet of 400 can move a whole Grand Army (though this has only ever been done a handful of times. In most cases, multiple trips are made, and swarms of Conveyance Mk. I Transport Ships assist in these kinds of operations).

Unlike its smaller brother, the Mk. II is armed, sporting eight long-range ship-to-ship beam platforms and twelve heavy AA flak cannon platforms. Heavy shields and thicker armor also mean that the ship is well-protected against any incoming fire. To further increase protection, heavy blast shutters cover all of the vessel's viewports when a combat situation arises. The flak cannons used by the Mk. II are the first of their kind, providing immense amounts of cover. For an example of what it would look like, see this video.

Due to its immense size, the Mk.II cannot easily land exactly where it needs to go. As such, it sports two massive retractable hangers on its underside, allowing for several squadrons of dropships to handle the loading/unloading process.

Crew: 2,500
Passengers: 100,000

Length: 1,140m

Weapons:
16x IPC-3a Platforms
12x HFC-6 Cannons

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Comms.:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shields

Shield Generators:
16x FVS Mk. III Shield Generators

Armor:
0.75-2.1m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor Plating

Powerplant:
48x Fusion Reactors

Phase Drives:
18x RSE-Mk. II Sub-Light Drive
7x EDE-Mk IV Phase Drive

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kojan on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

(Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship Empty Re: (Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:17 pm
Holy scha-MOLY, that thing is huge!! But it's also beautifully detailed at the same time, something I can never seem to do right. I really liked the first one, but I think this one is definitely better. Love it! Very Happy By the way, what's the brick count on that thing?
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

(Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship Empty Re: (Capital Ship) Conveyance Class Mk. II Transport Ship

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 pm
I'm glad you like it, Spud! The Conveyance was one of my personal favorites as well (I'm thinking of buying the pieces one-by-one off of Bricklink to build a real-life model of it), but I'm really excited with how this one turned out! Very Happy

Since you were interested, the piece count is 12,693. Not my biggest creation by a long-shot, but still pretty big. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 am
I was thinking of doing something akin to this myself; now all the more so, seeing how awesome huge-scale transports can look! Great job; that thing just looks huge, and I love the effects added to the pictures (particularly the flak turret's)! y only problem with it is that, assuming this is perfect grade, the troop capacity seems a little much; 250,000 troops alone would probably find it rather cramped, never mind their equipment. Still, excellent model!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:35 pm
Impressive... MOST impressive! This thing looks like it would take it's small army's worth of troops, and just leisurely thunder past whatever resistance it met on its way to its destination.

I have but three suggestions.

1: You left too many studs on ventral and dorsal surfaces of the "middle" part of the ship.

2: Those TINY little impulse engines just aren't going to get that thing up to speed... ever.

3: Where are the side/fore/aft mounted defensive turrets? She needs a greater range of defensive firepower (anti corvette-cruiser type weapons)

Other than that, NIIIICE!!!! She's an impressive collection of armor plating welded over cavernous troop compartments.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:22 pm
That is one of the most amazing starships I've ever seen!  Very Happy It's massive! The detailing is beautiful. But I have to agree with Mightyman; I think 250k is a bit too much. Other than that, the ship is beautiful and I love those hangars!

Btw, how did you make the flak cannons effects (like the pulses). I've been trying to find out for a long time but I still don't know how.  Embarassed Crying or Very sad Razz Anyway, those effects are awesome!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:08 pm
Wow... 12,000 is a lot for my models. I think the biggest thing I've built is the Centaurus cruiser, and that only has 2,500-ish pieces. Love it!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:25 am
@MM: Thank you! I was considering knocking the transportation capacity down to 200,00, which I think I'll do. This transport is not meant for long journeys, and living quarters are extremely cramped (more-so than on normal Navy ships). I'll probably change it in the next few days. Thanks for the feedback!

@Dino: Thanks! Very Happy The Conveyance (both Mk. I and II) is typically assigned jump-paths that avoid all possible enemy contact, as to minimize all risk. However, if an enemy does appear, this thing can, as you put it, "thunder past" pretty much anything. Razz

1). I would cover them, but those areas (especially the underside) are hardly ever seen, and I don't want to overwhelm views with unnecessary detail or put it where it won't be seen.

2). Yeah, I could use some newer, larger engines. I'll get back to you on that. Razz

3). There are actually AA platforms covering every angle of the ship, so enemy strikecraft and missiles are limited in this regard. The eight beam platforms also have decent coverage of both portside and starboard, as well as the fore and aft. Again, I stress that this vessel's class is not meant for combat in any way (the shields, more often than not, protect against asteroids and space debris rather than incoming fire), so there is little point in wasting the resources to arm it to the teeth. Instead of filling the ship's interior with magazines for the guns, the space is used to cram more troops in instead. Razz

@PXE: Noted. I'll most-likely be changing this number. Razz

It might take a while to explain how I did that, but I'd be more than happy to release a series of tutorials on how I do the effects I do. Interested? Razz

@Spud: My "skill" just comes from years of building increasingly complex models and challenging myself to add as much detail as possible. My advice to you would be to just keep building and challenge yourself the same way. When building, I don't constantly monitor the piece-count to make sure it's a number high enough to sneer at other people and say, "HA IM BETTER THAN YOU LOLZ". That'd be stupid. I just do what I love to do, build it how I see it, and then surprise myself several hours, days, and weeks later when I finally finish the project.

TLDR; Just build for the joy building. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 am
@Kojan: You bet! I'll be waiting for those tutorials. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:35 pm
I think 200,000 is a better number, more symetrical to go with your 8 main holding sections. I don't see why it wouldn't be used for long travel. Large carriers are only good for long travel, being inefficient/unpractical for only short hops. It's easier to use a bunch of small short range craft, as opposed to getting everyone on one ship to go for a month across the starts. When the soldiers where coming over in WWII, they went long distance in huge troops ships, short distance they went in trucks or walked. While there is a difference of land and water, same idea is still there.They'ld load up on troops ships to go way around the coasts too....

It just makes more sense for this to be used for long distances, holding all those troops for a few months maybe, perhaps weeks and months if resupply ships are available.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:21 pm
Even 20,000 seems a bit much, given the amount of crew; that being said, the cramped quarters plus using support vessels to alleviate supply need, I *could* see it (I generally base what a vessel's crew complement should be on ST Federation vessels, which have a habit of wasting tons of space on unnecessary things, like huge medbays, labs, bars, schools, luxurious crew quarters, etc. Doesn't really apply to the rather stoic Yaka forces, does it?)
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:54 pm
Kojan: That's great advice. I know what you mean when you say you surprise yourself when you see the finished product. I build models by starting out with a single shape or color, and I just let the design flow from there. And I can definitely see how the longer I've been building, the better I can build. I look back through the last few years and I can see how much I've improved as a builder. Thanks!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:13 pm
@AA: By "long journeys", I sort of had the five-year missions that Star Trek so often mentions. Razz It can handle several months, however, especially when I decrease the passenger limit.

@Mightyman: Yup, cramped, utilitarian, close quarters are the standard on Imperial ships. Think Battlestar Galactica-type interiors, or possibly even Halo's starship interiors. So, yeah, no luxury. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 pm
Hmm....those five year missions have an aweful lot of stops. The Enterprise's five-year mission made an aweful lot of stops at planets to pick up/deliver cargo. It made for great plot oppertunities. Razz Several months should be enough to traverse the Yaka Empire actually, so that still makes this a great ship for "long" transport.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum