Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

AAF-5 Condor  Empty AAF-5 Condor

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:54 pm
The AAF-5 Condor is a single-pilot air-superiority tactical assault fighter designed solely for fighter-to-fighter combat. It's main firepower comes from the vast array of missiles mounted on the Condor's wings and underside, but its energy weapons can be devastating against enemy fighters as well.

Spoiler:

However, though another air-superiority fighter might seem redundant, due to PXE's mass-usage of the Swallow, the Condor does have several differences. Unlike the Swallow, the Condor is not warp capable. Therefore, its range is vastly reduced, and it is dependent on carriers or a land-based station for deployment. However, thanks to this, it can divert more power into its thrusters and defense systems, making it much more robust in dogfights. Condor's are capable of outmaneuvering most fighters, thanks to their angling wings and rudders and underside mounted maneuvering thrusters. Though it is slower than the Swallow, its heavier shielding allows reduced casualty rates. The intakes located above and below the Condor makes it highly atmospheric-capable.

Spoiler:

Condor's are generally used purely for dogfighting. Their role mirrors that of the TAC (tactical air-superiority) fighters, and essentially, it is a TAC fighter. Thanks to their large amount of hardpoints, energy weapons, high-speed, and maneuverability, it can be devastating when implemented correctly in any conditions, atmospheric or not.

Spoiler:

Specifications:

Model: AAF-5 Condor
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2606 - present
Cost: approx. 895,000 SPXC

Affiliation: PXE Air Force
In service: 2606 - present
Roles: TAC fighter, air-superiority fighter, air-superiority tactical assault fighter, planetary/fleet defense fighter, limited heavy fighter (depending on missile armaments of course), interceptor fighter, short-range interceptor

Armaments:
x2 ARC-1's
x2 HAAC-2's
x4 HARC-4's
x6 singular missile hardpoints (in this case, AIM-2's)
x2 MLP-2's (in this case, AIM-1's/molecular assemblers equipped)

Defenses:
3.3 - 5.0 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor

ASG-2
HTSG-2
DSG-1 (prototype)

Communications:
FIS-XXX
DIS-XXX
SIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Intelligent Systems:
PANS

Sublight Propulsion:
x8 SLPT-26's (maneuvering thrusters)
x2 SLPT-27's (the big thrusters)
x2 SLPT-28's (the strips below the SLPT-27's)

Powerplant: LBMCEG-1

Complement:
x1 pilot

Lxf::

Well, IK Tetra already knows this, but I heavily based this off of the TAC fighters from the Roughnecks: STC TV series.
Spoiler:
As you can see, the idea of the dual intakes, elevating fins, overall shape, and the rudder design was all inspired if not copied from the actual TAC fighter. I also tried implementing some new ideas with the underside, and it turned out pretty good. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

PXR out.

-PXR

Last edited by PXR on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

AAF-5 Condor  Empty Re: AAF-5 Condor

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:07 pm
Eh... not your best, TBH. The main bod is just too heavy and bathtub-like. The SST TAC fighters were sleek due to their small body, but this is just too bulky IMHO. It would help if replaced some of the height with width and length (particularly the former); it's just much too stubby and disproportionate as-is IMO.

I will say the actual build techniques on display here are quite fantastic, but the body is just too meh for it to really turn out good. =/
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:23 pm
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Mighty. The body is just too bulky. It has serious potential, with a much sleeker body. It's just too big and heavy to be an atmospheric superiority fighter in my opinion. Also, all of your stuff seems to have top notch stats in every category, which makes it feel less realistic and interesting if you ask me.

There are so awesome build techniques here, but it needs slimming and balancing of stats.

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm
@Tetra & Dino: Thanks for your input guys. Wink I really appreciate it. However, if I do refit this, any ideas on how I could make it sleeker? I don't really know how I could do that without sacrificing armaments. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:42 pm
Looks awesome!  However, they're far too bulky to be decent dogfighters.  They look more like a heavy fighter or light bomber.  Perhaps a pursuit craft.

Also... .Lxf please. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:43 pm
@J-red: Thanks! Okay, I might change the roll eventually. I think a light bomber would work. Anyway, thanks! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm
Am I the only person who likes bulkiness? It gives out feelings of strength and superiority, like a Galaxy vs a Defiant. The Defiant is way more advanced, but the Galaxy is just "I'm huge, get outta the way little ship." Razz

Since aerodynamics mean nothing in space, the Condor is probably better suited for space combat. The bulk is a disadvantage I'm afraid in an atmosphere. Sad

Either way it's awesome and I love it!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:01 pm
@Talmid: No. I actually liked the bulkiness of the Condor. Razz I like your comparison with the Defiant and Galaxy, because I love the Defiant! Very Happy It's probably my favorite canon-ST ship. Smile

Yeah... AAF-5 Condor  851199844 Razz But anyway, thanks very much! Glad you like it! Very Happy
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:50 pm
I'm actually in-between on this one. I agree with MM and Dino on the fact that its bulky frame makes it very ill-suited for the chosen role, but I also agree with Talmid that it's AWESOME-looking, and would make a fantastic tactical bomber.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 pm
@Supe: Thanks for the input. Very Happy I think I might just change its role instead. AAF-5 Condor  851199844 But I'm glad you like it. Smile
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm
I also find myself in the middle on this. As an atmospheric fighter it's more of a rock with a lot of guns, even if that doesn't matter in space. Heck, even as a bomber it looks a bit too heavy given the size.

Also, kind of as Dino pointed out, there's well-rounded stats, and then there's top-in-all-categories, which you usually have, that is quite frankly...I don't know unsatisfying. There's no need to make things mesh and work together or to adapt and improve which I think is what makes the military as great as it is - it's hundreds and thousands of men and women working together to improve.

Your building techniques are incredible, and I know this will sound odd coming from me, but I can't help but feel that you take what's already a great-looking design and then...I won't say "ruin" the design but make less pleasing, I suppose, by adding a ton of weaponry to it. I guess it's part of that top-in-all-categories thing, but I think that if you did lower the firepower and make it sleeker it would make a great superiority fighter or maybe even interceptor if you play your cards right.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:49 pm
@Jace: Thank you very much for the suggestions. While I have no idea how to implement them (a problem that I usually have Razz), I will think about reducing weaponry. And yes, I do have a tendency to make things...err...OP. Razz Anyway, thank you very much for your constructive criticism. Very Happy
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:45 am
It's honestly hard to criticize your ships-- your building techniques and designs are phenomenal, but your stats do tend to be a tad overpowered. It's just hard to point out technical flaws in a physically awesome ship. xD As cool as your ships look bristling with weaponry, I can't help but wonder what they would look like when slimmed down, like Arc said. It's just weird giving you the same criticism I would give some noob who slaps a thousand levers on a few plates and says it's a world-killer-- yours are infinitely better than those, but somehow have the same flaws, to a far lesser degree. xD

...however, note that this in no way applies to the Aquila, which is awesome and you should never change it. Razz

From a Universe standpoint, if you're supposed to be selling your ships...well, weapons are expensive. That many weapons are...expensive to a US-debt level. xD
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 am
@Supe: LOL! AAF-5 Condor  3424243678 Yes, IK why you are saying that about the Aquila [COUGHCOUGH]PUMPKINSQUIDSUB[/COUGHCOUGH] Razz Well, at your last point, any thing we sell has had its weaponry and defense systems removed. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:38 am
Well the PumpkinSquidSub is essentially a gunboat, it's allowed to have weapons. Plus it has the bulk to support them. xD
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:42 am
Reduce weaponry? Blasphemy! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:47 pm
@Supe: AAF-5 Condor  851199844 Razz You-are-hopeless. Razz (JK)

@Talmid: Who would ever dare to think of doing that?! Razz Btw, just saying, but it sounds kind of wierd that a Federation officer is saying that. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:54 pm
You forget that this is Talmid you're speaking to. Razz He's basically the Kirk of our times. "We don't need no stinkin' rules! We don't need no stinkin' science ships! Let's go to WAAAAAR!" Which is why the Admiralty hates him. He just won't settle into the idea of peace talks with the Borg. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:26 pm
@Dino: Razz Figured. I assume that's the cause of the constant conflicts between Talmid and Admiral Green? Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 pm
Most likely.

Why IS Talmid still part of Starfleet? He seems to be much more of the PCG type... I guess he's trying to bring some sense to them.
"No, you can't talk to the Borg. Talking is irrelevant to them. Fight them!"

I am now officially off topic. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm
@Dino: Something I noticed is that whenever Supe makes a comment, we all get off topic afterwards. Razz Take the Aquila for example. Razz (And no I'm not blaming you Supe, but I am Razz JK)

LOL, he does. Maybe...although, as long as Admiral Green's in charge, nothing's happening anytime soon. Razz And no, don't fight them; make them follow you into someone else's territory so it's not your problem anymore. Razz That's PXE's logic. Twisted Evil
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:18 pm
PXR wrote:@Dino: Something I noticed is that whenever Supe makes a comment, we all get off topic afterwards. Razz Take the Aquila for example. Razz (And no I'm not blaming you Supe, but I am Razz JK)

LOL, he does. Maybe...although, as long as Admiral Green's in charge, nothing's happening anytime soon. Razz And no, don't fight them; make them follow you into someone else's territory so it's not your problem anymore. Razz That's PXE's logic. Twisted Evil

I advise not sending them in MSI space, specifically anywhere near Grelfucan.

Neither you, nor the Borg, are going to leave. They will literally launch a fleet of tanks with rocket boosters at you if they need to.

Which they don't. But it's fun. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 pm
@Jace: That fleet of tanks with rocket boosters scared me off already. Razz Don't worry; we won't be using the Borg in Grelfucan territory anytime soon. Razz I'll just have to send them into PCG-territory I guess... AAF-5 Condor  851199844
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:33 pm
PXR wrote:@Jace: That fleet of tanks with rocket boosters scared me off already. Razz Don't worry; we won't be using the Borg in Grelfucan territory anytime soon. Razz I'll just have to send them into PCG-territory I guess... AAF-5 Condor  851199844

Good choice. You think the tanks are bad enough, every ship in the Navy is armed with a mass-driver rail gun save for the corvettes. Heck the dreadnoughts have eight of them, each able to skewer anything short of a space station, and even then with enough hits that station is big chunks of metal and what used to be humanoids. Razz
Along with 4,500 missile pods...times nine birds each...um...*whips out calculator*...so 40,500 birds per salvo, with advanced EW/ECM packages...ranges in the tens of millions of kilometers...yeah let's just say if you ever encounter a Grelfucan dreadnought just give up. It'll have backup along the way, too.
On that note never try to invade the star system. You're just going to regret it dearly. If you live to regret it, and should you mange to get to the surface...the nightmare's just begun...
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm
That's not at all OP and will not incur my constant whining. Razz

Seriously, though, I honestly still doubt even that would stop a Borg fleet. Razz I mean, an single cube, sure, but the Borg are made to be much weaker than they should be for reasons of plot. Razz Each cube is a mile long, and they have literally MILLIONS of them, and they're pretty much capable of sending them anywhere instantly...

On the other hand, Dreadnoughts OP. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum