Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Cruiser - Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser Empty Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:38 pm
Good evening. This is my entry into the 'stereotypical Halo-ish frigate' category, even though it fits nicely into the Light Cruiser category. Inspiration comes from basically anything that looks similar to a Paris-class frigate.

Top:

Side:

Rear:

Front:

LXF:

STATS:
Armament:
2x MD1-H heavy mass drivers
2x Mk 1 MLS-EW Electronic Warfare missile system tubes
16x PD-1 50mm point defense turrets
8x MD1-L 203mm mass driver-based broadside cannons
14x Mk 1 MLS missile launch tubes

Complement:
8x orbital deployment chutes with 4 Special Orbital Insertion Craft (SOIC) pods each, totaling 32 pods (I will develop a design for these soon, I promise)

Defenses:
2 metre hexacore composite armour
2-level shield network with single-level backup network

Dimensions: 480 metres long, 180 metres wide, 130 metres tall

Drives:
1x tuned Alcel Slipspace Drive (400 ly/day)
4x Alcel RAR-C Engines
2x Alcel BARC-C Engines

Description:
Buurenorar is a mash of the Mando'a words for 'thunder' and 'storm', making this the Thunderstorm-class. Fitting, then, that crews referred to the EW missile tubes on the front as Lightning, and the massive mass drivers as Thunder.
Designed to be deployed into locations where the area was already known, but no other friendly aid could be immediately sent, the Buurenorar-class can drop off special forces troops to soften up the target while occupying orbital forces until a full invasion group arrives. Once that happens, the ship can drop back for R&R or continue the fight due to its incredible shield resiliency - boosted by the relative energy saving of non-plasma/laser/phaser weapons.
However, the Buurenorar may have gone too far in saving power by exchanging a state-of-the-art comms & recon suite standard on modern Alcel ships for shorter-range transmitters and receivers. This controversial swap (which is still argued about at Alcel office water coolers) definitely restricts the ship to targets already well-mapped. An extended model rumored to be in the works would bring back the modern suite and provide additional slipspace range at the expense of the Electronic Warfare tubes.

Last edited by nikolojedison on Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : details for all)
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Cruiser - Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser Empty Re: Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:05 am
Mmmm, another Paris-based model. I'm personally a huge fan of the Paris' design, so that's a point in the ship's favor. Razz

TBH, I'm not sure I like the "thicker" style of the ship compared to the Paris, but it still undeniably looks cool. I like the two prominent MAC-style guns at the front, as well as the raised bridge structure. However, I'm not so sure about having the gold antenna-guns mounted on an orange holder-brick. Razz

I'm not sure about the engine pods; I can't really tell if I like them or no. I'll have to get back to you on that. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Cruiser - Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser Empty Re: Buurenorar-class Light Cruiser

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 am
Well, the reasoning behind the thickness is the Paris-class has one MAC, while the Buurenorar has two mass drivers. Razz
The orange mounting brick was more me messing around with colours than anything, trying to incorporate MSI Orange into the ship's design.
As far as engine pods, I've got some mixed feelings on them - most prominent is the amount of studs showing, I think I could've done better on that. There's also nearly no weaponry towards the rear of the ship, which bugs me to no end. Razz I mean, what if someone were to attack from behind? Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm
Sorry... too tired to praise this ship right now. 

Although I think it could use a refit, (mostly due to thickness vs. length, orange turrets, and overly studded engine pods) this thing is absolutely great, and I think you have the framework of a truly excellent design/style here. 

P.S. Totally feel you on the aft weaponry, had the same problem building the Hades' Gate. The solution that I came up with: aft photon torpedo tubes. Small, don't get in the way of the design, but still pack a bit of a punch.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Thanks for the tips, Dino. I've got a bit of time this weekend that I'll be using to refit a lot of my designs - mostly because I realised how big a fighter is relative to them. Razz Expect some cleaner designs and more realistic stats from those.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 pm
Your work is already excellent, much better than that of just about anyone else who has/had not been part of the whole PCG-verse building for several years. You've got a lot of potential as a builder, I think.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 pm
Thank you for your very kind words, Dino. I hope I won't disappoint.

An incomplete demo refit for you all:

Kalikir-A:

I'm making the Kalikir-class into the missile boat I had initially planned it to be. Carriers shouldn't be that small. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 am
Oooooh.... I like the direction you're taking it in.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm
Thanks. I just finished it out, I'll try and get some pics up over the weekend.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum