Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS Empty SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am
The SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS is, as the name suggests, a multiple launch rocket system. It provides rocket and/or missile artillery fire against enemy ground forces. While it cannot match the sustained fire capability of conventional gun armed artillery, it is capable of achieving devastating short-duration high-intensity fire which can provide a dazzling fireworks display over dug-in enemy fortifications. Wolverines are highly situational, but when circumstances are right, it can unleash unrivaled fire support in a short period of time, allowing friendlies to take advantage of shocked enemy troops.

Spoiler:

The Wolverine's primary and only armament is a large 12 tube launch pod. It is capable of being armed with many missiles, including general purpose SSM-8s, ASMs, and even missiles equipped with biological, chemical, nuclear, or even "low-yield" antimatter warheads, depending on the target and purpose. Most Wolverines are generally equipped with SSM-8s due to their effectiveness against most hard and soft ground targets and good range. Ironically, while the Wolverine generally carries missiles, it is still designated as an MLRS.

The rest of the Wolverine is quite similar to the SPAS-5. Without the Minsk Mk. 2 Protection System, any APS, side skirt armor, secondary armaments, or any substantial composite armor, the Wolverine is helpless if attacked at close range.

Wolverines feature mobility very similar to the SPAS-5.

The interior layout of the Wolverine is very similar to that of the SPAS-5. Featuring two main command stations and the driver's station, it looks almost exactly the same as the SPAS-5. But the control consoles are vastly different.

Specifications:
Model: SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS
Developer: KLD
Used by: ICS
Developed: 2598
Produced: 2598 - 2602
In service: 2598 - present
Combat service: Second Interstellar War

Crew: 3 (driver, missile operator, communications operator/assistant missile operator)

Armor: 34 mm Minsk composite armor, mine resistance

Main armament: 1x 12 tube launch pod (can be equipped with varying missile and/or rocket load-outs)

Top speed: 118 km/h (~73 mph)
Traverse speed: 55 deg/s

Designer's Notes: Well...yeah. Just something I made so I would have some sort of rocket artillery. I'm almost 100% certain someone will say that the missile bay is too boxy, but I based it off of the M270, so that's my main reason. And no, I'm not planning on changing that. I am quite happy with the SSM-8 missiles; I think they turned out quite nicely.

The missile bay does not actually open up; I couldn't figure out a way to do that without removing the integrated winch system. I tried to add some detail on the top, sides, and even bottom. I also tried to include some mechanical pistons, but the only ones that worked were the crappy flat ones that I came up with.

Obviously, the Wolverine is based off of the SPAS-5. I couldn't come up with many more changes to the actual chassis, so a lot of it will be familiar. I changed the lower frontal glacis and added some chains hanging off the side of the hull for aesthetics, but couldn't come up with much else. I liked the original Puma chassis, and then the SPAS-5 chassis, so I don't see what else I should change. As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And, IMHO, the original chassis were adequate for their respective roles.

The interior is modified a little, specifically the control stations. I added some new stuff, including a big red button, a little fingerprint security system, some more monitors, different screens, stand-by lights, etc. Yeah, IK, some of this stuff is way out of date for the 27th century, but, then again, so would pretty much everything else (in general, not just this vehicle). I also removed the driver's hatch so the launch pod could fully traverse, so the driver just gets out using the rear hatch like everyone else.

And as I said earlier, I love the SSM-8s.

Obviously, this is basically the SPAS-5 chassis with an M270 launch pod on top of it. Inspiration came from the M270, as mentioned before.

Since I finally found the technic shovel/buckets, I'll probably be getting to work on a CEV (maybe more than 1) soon, although that depends on how quickly I get frustrated and quit. And I still have to do a slat armored version of the Puma. Oh my... SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS 2334498483

Last edited by PXR on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS Empty Re: SPAS-6 Wolverine MLRS

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:34 pm
This is great!

And who cares if it is a box, it is PANDORA'S BOX! 

I love everything about this design, well done! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 pm
@S-H: Thank you fellow comrade. Very Happy Razz

@Dino: Thank you very much! And yeah, now that you mention it, I guess that's what it is. Razz
Sponsored content