Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

HT-255 (Heavy Transport) Empty HT-255 (Heavy Transport)

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19xc37l3dspfzwy

The HT-255 (Heavy Transport-255), nicknamed "The Behemoth", is a behemoth indeed. It is a much heavier version of the LT-155, with six massive wheels as tall as one and a half men, a crew of four, and nearly eight times as much interior room as a LT-155. The communication arrays normally unique to the LT-155/CV comes standard with the Behemoth, and the periscope has been replaced with a hardened exterior camera system, with a main unit on top. Two Rapid-Cycling AutoGuns, also remote controlled, positioned next to the side hatches allow for the crew to supply suppressing fire for disembarking infantry.

Infantry in the HT-255 have a much better time than those in the LT-155 (Granted, the LT-155 is meant for rapid insertion into a battleground, while the HT-155 is oft meant for more long-term transportation), with the inclusion of a barracks, supplied with five cots, on the second story. Additionally, the vehicle can transport entire squads, not just fireteams.

Crew:
4 (Commander, Driver, Gunner, Observer)

Transport Capacity:
20 (Squad-size)

Armament:
2x Rapid-Cycling AutoGuns

Armor:
43mm of Titanium-Yakaium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
75mph
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

HT-255 (Heavy Transport) Empty Re: HT-255 (Heavy Transport)

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 pm
Nice work! Neat idea with the two separate decks, too.

My only complaint: I already have a vehicle very much similar in purpose and design to this called the "Behemoth". Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm
Oh cool! It's like a turbo tank, a turbo tank on nitro! Razz

Nice infantry transport, I'd share want to ride in that thing! I might make it alive into battle Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 pm
@Arik: Any idea what else I should name it? Leviathan, perhaps?

@Dino: Yeah, after I built it, I did think that it looked a bit like a Turbo Tank. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:04 pm
Juggernaut tanks are awesome. Razz WAAAAY better than any SW walker. If the HT-225 looks like one, that's a good thing. Razz

As to the whole "behemoth" name, honestly it's just fine. Wink
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm
Coooolllll. Just-coooolllllll. Pictures are a bit, y'know, huge, but otherwise this is an awesome design. Nicely done, Daragon!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 pm
I'm Kojan. Daragon an epic guy, but I'm not him. Razz With both of our names starting with "Admiral", and him being more active than me, I don't blame you in the slightest for the typo. Razz

Last edited by Admiral Kojan on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:01 pm
Yeah, I'm Daragon. Siriondil Daragon, actually-- you can remember cuz the initials are SD, which are also the initials for SuperDude. Razz

Nice tank, Kojan, but your huge pictures messed up the page formatting and I had to scroll all the way to the side to see the reply box. THAT'S TWO TENTHS OF A SECOND I'LL NEVER GET BACK, THANKS TO YOU. D:<

But seriously, awesome vehicle, as usual; I'm probably going to dissect your ground vehicles for pointers when I get around to my own ground vehicles, cuz I'm totally clueless there. xD Obviously I won't steal anything, but just to get an idea of the proportions and axle methods. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:35 pm
Sorry, like Kojan said: you're both Admirals. To me, a Marine, you're both swabbies. Though, Kojan does make some good groundside tech.

Daragon, you have a point: I will be using these for inspiration, along with other designs that Ariklego and I have come up with, to create such an awesome force of amazing-ness that nobody else can compare! Though, this comes dangerously close.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 pm
It's an honor having the two of you looking to my ground vehicles for inspiration and design techniques, but, in all honesty, I was completely clueless going into the LT-155s and HT-255s. Razz Additionally, on the outside, the HT-255 is ugly. I mean, it's basically just brick-stacking. Razz In any case, I'm glad you like it. Very Happy
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm
As clueless as you may have been, whatever you came out with WORKED. xD It makes my job easier (read: lazier) to look at your stuff after you've already figured out something that works, and start THERE instead of from scratch. xD Besides, nobody said war vehicles had to be pretty, these are purely utilitarian-- if it works, that's all that matters. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 pm
Dude, who said military vehicles are supposed to be "pretty"? Razz Whoever it was, needs to get slapped, and informed that functionality reigns supreme.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm
I think it was the Federation of United Planets and thereby Star Fleet... there's a reason the PCG left those guys Razz

But seriously, we're building with stacking building BLOCKS, keeping it from being blocky is challenging... besides, blocky looks armored Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 am
Well, there's that, and there's the fact that sometimes the only good way to build a sturdy design is to make it blocky. Now, one little nit-pick, that thing's gonna be wide open to explosives, rockets, mines, etc. Just a friendly warning.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm
Like I said with the LT-155, these transports aren't intended for full-on frontline use. They're transports used for transporting large amounts of supplies or troops to other bases, although they are occasionally used for battles. Both vehicles are vulnerable to Anti-tank weapons, but the vehicles that would be most targeted by said AT fire would be APCs, which the LTs and HTs are not.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm
That's all true. Okidoke, well, the design still looks cool.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum