Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

(Corvette) Ranger Class Beam Empty (Corvette) Ranger Class Beam

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:03 pm
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/af7g3zdxgon61pw/Ranger_Class_Beam_Ship.lxf

The Ranger Class Beam Ship is a ship blending the best of Yaka Industries' armor and ship building abilities, Perzo Technologies' engine development skills, and Bismarck Manufacturing's weapon technologies. Armed with a over a dozen lite, fast-firing AutoCannons and many larger beam weapon platforms, the corvette specializes in swatting enemy strike craft out of the sky. While the flak cannons developed by Yaka Industries and utilized by a majority of the Imperial Navy are better at disrupting small to medium-sized groups of fighters, bomber, or gunships, the AFAC-1a/c weapons utilized by the Ranger can accurately trace a target across space, pumping out hundreds of rounds a minute.. Concentrating the eight lite AutoCannons on each side of the ship (making 16 in all) can even effectively take out shields and do lite damage to the hulls of enemy ships, although the ship is outfitted with heavier beam platforms and guns built for this task should the need arise.

Crew: 125

Length: 280m

Weapons:
16x AFAC-1a/c Guns
5x IPC-4 Main Guns
2x IPC-3a Platforms
2x EMWP-10 Light AutoCannons

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Communications:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shielding

Shield Generators:
2x FVS Mk. I Light Shield Generators

Armor:
0.35-0.60m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor

Powerplant:
6x Fusion Reactors

Engines:
8x RSE-Mk. II Sub-Light Drive
1x EDE-Mk IV Phase Drive

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kojan Altis Riktan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 9 times in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

(Corvette) Ranger Class Beam Empty Re: (Corvette) Ranger Class Beam

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:37 pm
Oh yeah! That's cool! I'm just picturing swarms of fighters disappearing in fireballs of laser-fire! Very Happy

NICE ship! It has some substance to it, but it doesn't feel too heavy either... pretty cool...

I must question it's classification as a Corvette though... 'cause by size this thing is a lot closer to a frigate... armament is spot on for a corvette though.

Regardless, this is one cool ship! Smile
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:14 pm
I actually had the same conundrum as you about its classification. Razz I originally had this as a frigate, but eventually changed it to a corvette before posting. This is for two reasons. First, it's actually a lot smaller than it would appear here, especially compared to my other ships. If you feel like it, you can download it and check it out for yourself in LDD (plus then you can see all of the cool little features I put in this. Razz ) Secondly, I figured that with the large quantity of engines I put on the nacelle-like constructs, it would be pretty fast, worth of being classified as a corvette.

In any case, I'm glad you like it! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum