Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

(Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship Empty (Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjac1kpulersq4b/Swift%20Class%20Fast%20Attack%20Corvette.lxf

The Swift Class Fast Attack Corvette is an extremely small, fast, and nimble ship that specializes in harassing enemy fleet formations. Lightly armed and armored, the Swift's strength lies in its high sub-light speeds and its low cost per unit, allowing for task forces of up to fifty Swifts to be effectively deployed and sent to hunt down targets. The light mass of the vessel and its multi-directional engines allow for the ship to adjust course at a moment's notice, as to help avoid collisions, dodge enemy weapons, and dock more quickly than any other military vessel (minus strike craft, of course).

Crew: 108

Length: 190m
Beam: 95m
Height: 65m

Weapons:
2x HAC-17 Guns

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Communications:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shielding

Shield Generators:
2x FVS Mk. I Light Shield Generators

Armor:
0.15-0.25m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor

Powerplant:
3x Fusion Reactors

Engines:
6x RSE-Mk. II Sub-Light Drive
1x EDE-Mk IV Phase Drive

Spoiler:
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

(Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship Empty Re: (Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:16 pm
This is great! I love the engine design. Heck, I love the whole thing! Very Happy I really like your SNOT work. Keep 'em comin'! Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

(Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship Empty Re: (Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:31 pm
Very nice! I presume, judging from the description, that the ship essentially functions the same as the new corvette-things from Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion? Or am I misunderstanding it?

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the engines; I simultaneously like and dislike them, if that makes any sense. The rest of the ship is excellent- including your signature top-notch SNOT work- but something about how the maneuvering thrusters bothers me (yet in some positions, they look really cool Razz).

Other than that, my only real complaint is that, even for such a small ship, it seems a bit under-armed (Yeah, I bet I was the last person you were expecting to hear that from Razz). I feel like it should have torpedoes, more cannons, something; as it stands, it seems like it couldn't do squat. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm
Another blow-away from kojan! But I do have two complaints. One, I can't see the weapons in those pictures. Razz Two, Only two weapons? I'ld throw a little something else on there....maybe four mac guns. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:39 pm
Ant- Please, no; then I'd have to mess up another one of Kojan's models with my whining about OP-ness. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:03 pm
Four guns? OP? Pleeeeease......You'ld never survive a real war. Razz

Remember this above all else: Peace throug Superior Firepower.

Two more guns makes for more superior. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:18 pm
PEACE THROUGH POWER!...Oh, erhm, *cough*cough*...excuse me, wrong universe. Razz (I can almost garuntee no one will get that reference. If you do, give yourself ten points. Razz)

Anit- It's not so much the amount of guns (as you may have noticed, that was one of my complaints as well), it's that you specifically said MACs, which seem a little OP on a ship this small (although I suppose the term is somewhat vague, so I guess it doesn't necessarily mean the Halo-ultra-powerful-cannon thing).
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 pm
Alright, let me clear some things up before AA and MM run away with the thread again. Razz

1. Thank you, Spud! I've been trying to experiment with different SNOT styles recently, so it's a good feeling when you're told that you've actually pulled it off somewhat. Again, thanks!

2. Yup, same function as SoaSE corvettes. You probably already know this, but I draw lots of my inspiration from that game, so you'll see lots of similarities in function and roles throughout my faction. As for the engines, I share your thoughts exactly. I know I wanted some kind of movement, and the bricks I used gave it that, but the mounting for it was... strange, to say the least. So, yeah, any suggestions on how to mount them better would be great.

3. REGARDING WEAPONS: The Swift packs two HAC-17 Guns. HAC-17s are massive, twin-linked (double-barreled) AutoCannon platforms, with moderate accuracy, high damage vs. hulls, and moderate damage against shields (this is space... range doesn't matter Razz ). Since Imperial AutoCannons function much like MAC cannons (granted they have a much higher rate of fire, at the expense of damage), I wouldn't say that this ship is underpowered at all. Razz

(Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship Swift_12

Those metallic-grey structures on either side of the ship's central hull are the barrels of the HAC-17s. There are two barrels on either side, with a total of 4 barrels, or two twin-linked guns.

That about sums it up. Any more questions?

@MM: I'm thinking that your reference was from one of the C&C games, but I don't remember which. Do I still get points? Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 pm
Kojan- Good on you for your preemptive action! (Seriously, I think me and Ant need parental supervision. Razz)

Yeah, every game in the Tiberium series; and yes, you still get points. I just wanted to see if anyone was familiar with C&C, as it's not exactly the most popular franchise, even for an RTS game. Razz

Yes, I'm aware you draw some heavy inspiration from SoaSE (*cough*namingacarrierPercheron
*cough*); just wanted to clear that up. Wink

Wasn't aware the cannons were twin-linked; that makes me feel much better about it. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 pm
I wans't aware either, which is why I didn't think those things where the guns. Razz Now it just needs an AA gun or four, or maybe two or four missiles or missiles launchers. Razz

@Mightyman: I'm one of the head Admins! I am the parental supervision! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:05 am
Nice ship! I really like the hull and the winglets thingies. Razz The only change I would make is for the pictures; even though the effects are amazing, I can't see the more amazing detail on the ship. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 am
Ant- If Congress needs parental supervision, so can admins. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 am
Very nice little ship! Now I get it since the guns are linked.
The design is great! I'm eh on the thrusters though. But overall I love it.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:31 pm
Iactually think the thrusters are pretty cool! Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:00 am
This is so awesome it makes me puke rainbows.

But really. Your new designs are really insane. I love them so much. The angles and detailing are so great! Keep 'em coming!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:10 am
@PXR: Thanks, and I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I'm doing the effects!

Also, I know I said that I would do a video tutorial/example of how I do my Photoshop effects, and I still will. However, I've been having problems with my screencap software that I need to fix first. I will do it, though! Razz

@Dino: Thank you! Yeah, as you've probably read, most people, myself included, aren't entirely sold on how the thrusters are. Oh well, I'll redo those if/when I do a refit. Razz

@AA: I like most of their look and function, but their mounting is just a little off to me...

@Jred: This is how I imagine you right now:

(Corvette) Swift Class Fast Attack Ship Tumblr_lq1ix6rgCY1qbvlny

Anyways, thank you for your praise! Coming from such a talented creator, that means a lot! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 pm
Ewww! Rainbow barf! I've heard of 'figbarf, but this is new and disturbing... Razz

Okay... now I want to do some Yaka stuff.. Kojan, mind if I started a navel task force (as a different from my main character, Yaka character, which I don't feel like coming up with right now Razz) with some specialized SEALS, or rather, SAL (Space. Air. Land.) forces mixed in? If so, I need an idea of what kinds of numbers of personnel I could work with. I just feel like working with some of your style. I'm kind of bored of ultra-future Federation, and want to tinker with some only-a-couple-hundred-years in the future advanced stuff. Razz
Gandalf360
Gandalf360
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 am
Dude, that looks incredible. Love the wings, engines, and diamond-esque shape.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:52 pm
Thanks, Gandalf!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum