Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Empty Starling Class Long Range Interceptor

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:50 pm
Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Lddscr33
Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Lddscr34
Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Lddscr35
Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Lddscr36

The Starling is a class of Long Range Interceptors in service with Star Force, Star Fleet, and the United Federation of Planets.  The Starling was designed by Talmidian Starship Industries and is produced by United Star Fighters Incorporated.

As a Long Range Interceptor, the Starling is equipped with two huge thrusters on the ventral hull, drawing power from a warp core within the primary hull.  This makes the Starling capable of warp velocities up to Warp 9, which is beyond impressive for a Star Fighter.

Each thruster is also accompanied with its own deflector dish, so that should one dish be damaged, the Star Fighter is still capable of making it back home at faster-than-light speeds.

And of course the Star Fighter is capable of sublight speeds, should it need to dogfight.  The Starling lacks maneuverability at sublight speeds or in atmospheric combat, as these Star Fighters are designed purely for speed.

Weaponry consists of two phaser cannons mounted underneath each wing.

The outer hull of the Starling is also very heavily armored.

Much of the hull space inside the Starling is taken up by the warp drive and fuel.

~~~~
This is my first new creation since the closure of the Creation Lab, RIP.

Last edited by The Fleet Captain on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Empty Re: Starling Class Long Range Interceptor

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm
Oooooh! Nice! It's VERY different from ANYTHING I've seen you do before.... cool!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Starling Class Long Range Interceptor Empty Re: Starling Class Long Range Interceptor

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:23 pm
GRRR! It reminds me of something, especially the flat exhaust, I CANT THINK OF IT! It really bothers me!

It does remind me of a space shuttle of sorts, but theres another shuttle-like craft it reminds me of... a little bit of F-117 stealth fighter, but the more long as opposed to wide shape is....like I said, something I can't remember.

But anywho, other than the somewhat excessive speed (I assume it can't hold it for long then? Comparatively?) it looks like a very nice fighter. Purpose built, full of weakness (so not OP), but anything that does fall into it's role it can do very very well. Not that versatile (that's the weaknessess), but defitnitly good at what it's built for. Very nice.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:41 pm
@Ant: Well, it's got huge thrusters, a huge warp core, and plenty of fuel to go along with it, so I think it can maintain speed for a long enough time.  Besides, Warp 9 is just its top speed.  Its chasing speed would probably be around Warp 7.5 or Warp 8, depending on the target. It is capable of maintaining Warp 9, should the need arise, though it would require an alternative means of getting back to base once it's finished its job. Razz (no more fuel)
The Blacktron Council
The Blacktron Council
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Location : Observing the construction of the latest starcruiser.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:28 pm
These better run out of fuel fast or they'd be incredibly OP. Razz
Also, since I share a border with you, I'm assuming I'll be trashing plenty of these when things start getting rough eh? Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:35 pm
-_-

It is not OP, it is just really good at what it's built for. Kay? Razz

As for thrashing them, sure. Pull them out of warp with a subspace weapon and pick them off in a dogfight! That's the best way to take out a Starling.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:51 pm
Still, warp incrases exponentially, which means that warp 3 is alot faster than warp 2 than warp 2 is faster than warp 1. It gets harder and harder to reach the next warp marker as you go faster, kind like leveling up. Razz The large, fast moving star-ships with huge engines and large warp-cores have a hard time reaching warp 9, (well, most do nowadays but still), soemthign that much smaller would be absolutely thundering along like lighting if it would go even warp five or six, so while it has other weaknesses (comendable in the realism department), I still think it's got a unrealistic speed and is somewhat OP. But that's my only real criticism for it. It's still a nice fighter! One of your better ones if I may say so.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:00 pm
xP Ugh. Fine. Maybe it is a little OP.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:27 pm
HA! I knew I could get you to admit it......eventually..... Razz Atleast I didn't have to use this (hurriedly puts tazer away.) Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum