Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

(Structure) ODT-1 Empty (Structure) ODT-1

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 pm
I know, not as impressive as the ORCS-3 station I just posted. I'm just trying to flesh things out a bit. Razz

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/md93t20geij108r/ODT-1.lxf

Orbital Defense Turrets are defensive installations constructed in high-orbit around Imperial-controlled planets. They contain some of the largest guns in the Imperial arsenal. Though they have a low fire rate, these cannons can sheer through the hull armor of enemy ships with only a few shots. In groups, or with automatic repair drones supporting it, these turrets can be very difficult to take down.

Crew: 50

Length: 260m

Weapons:
2x SRC-1

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Communications:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shielding

Shield Generators:
4x FVS Mk. II Medium Shield Generator

Armor:
1.1-3.5m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor Plating

Powerplant:
8x Fusion Reactors

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kojan Altis Riktan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

(Structure) ODT-1 Empty Re: (Structure) ODT-1

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 pm
That looks awesome! Those guns look very, very angry. A planet protected by a network of these things is very secure indeed. Great work!
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:26 pm
Niiiiiiice! And deadly! You need to utilize those in SoL. Wink I also like the way you use such unique background photos...how do you do that? My comp doesn't allow me to do that anymore with LDD photos--or if it does, it doesn't do so in a way that I know of.

Good work!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:17 am
^^^ Scare   I think it's called Photoshop/photo editing.... neither of which I know anything about... wait, yes I do! I know that I can't do them! Razz  

Noice turret! Makes me think of a TIE Interceptor... It's an awesome defensive satellite! It has good detail, and those guns ought to be enough to send anyone stupid enough to get in their range making a quick slipstream jump for cover! Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:24 pm
Aha! Defense turrets. There are probably few things that any soldier (or gamer) hates more. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 pm
That's a very impressive design there! I made a similar idea, but with lots and lots of missiles. Then again, a couple of really big guns gets the job done too. Once I get Dino's article (hopefully) I can work on the LDD file.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:11 pm
@Spud: Thanks! Very Happy

@Scare: I can post a tutorial of how to make those photos, if a few people want to see how I do it! Very Happy

@AA: Totally. Especially when they have shield generators around them. Speaking of which... Razz

@Jace: Yeah, missiles turrets are an excellent idea as well, and I say go for it! The only reason I used large railguns is because the Yaka Empire rarely uses missiles (fast, but fragile), and take pride in their kinetic weapons technology. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Well, my missiles aren't exactly 'fragile' but they're a bit larger in consequence. They have a bunch of specialized warheads to make sure the shipkillers survive, and the shipkillers themselves are pretty deadly. The MDM/SDS's have close-range defenses of course. But I do like the ODT, and might steal borrow the idea for other designs in the future. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm
article... article... I'm supposed to send you an article... memory... failing...
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm
He wanted the article on how to turn a flash drive into RAM. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:34 pm
.........      riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....... (not a one word post by any means whatsoever Razz)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum