Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Excalibur Class Explorer Empty Excalibur Class Explorer

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 pm
Excalibur is a class of long term exploration vessels in service with Star Fleet and the United Federation of Planets.  The class was first launched in the late 24th Century after the Battle of Sector 001, whereupon its range of roles was expanded greatly.

With its standard equipment focused on exploration, the Excalibur Class is technically an exploration vessel, but it is also armed with numerous phaser strips providing a full range of fire, a quantum torpedo launcher on the fore, and a photon torpedo launcher at the rear.  On the defensive side of things, advanced deflector shielding and tritanium armor are responsible for keeping the ship from being destroyed.

The Excalibur Class is still in service today in the 26th Century, with a new role to bear: Diplomatic.  Much like the Excelsior Class did during the 24th Century, the Excalibur is a capable transportation vessel for Admirals.  Notable is Admiral Green, who has two Excaliburs under his command, despite the fact that he barely steps out from behind his desk while on duty....

Pictures:

LXF File can be found at this link.
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/da4506f0-b9e5-4c10-8fea-be7a9bab5d1e?index=2&memberid=talmid

Last edited by The Fleet Captain on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Excalibur Class Explorer Empty Re: Excalibur Class Explorer

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:44 pm
NIIIICE! Any chance of LXF, or if not, a generic overhead/side angle shot? It seems to me that the underside of the engineering hull is slightly too deep/tall, but I could be misremembering the class... I was never an expert on the Excalibur class.

Great work Talmid.. I should really get building again... but... time, inspiration, and motivation... it takes lots of all three to build...

The more I look at this ship, the more she grows on me... she's utilitarian, but fairly graceful at the same time...
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 am
I'd love to post an LXF.  Lots of strange building techniques went into the saucer, and the nacelles, and the engineering hull, and.... well, everything.  The end product is actually a little too short, and in some areas too fat, like the warp nacelles.

Either way I'm just not sure where I would upload the LXF file so I could link it here.  Neutral  But I'll take a look. Wink I'm open to suggestions!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 pm
Hey, that's pretty cool! It has an understated, "I'm here and you can't ignore me so don't even try" kind of look. I think the bulkiness actually works the way it is. I've never seen an original Exalibur, but this looks great regardless. Nice work
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:12 am
You can find the LDD file here:
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/da4506f0-b9e5-4c10-8fea-be7a9bab5d1e?index=1
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum