Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sphere of Influence - Character Station Empty Sphere of Influence - Character Station

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am
Post you Sphere of Influence Characters and their Bios here.  Razz

Remember, for this RPG they must either be a PCG or Starfleet character.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sphere of Influence - Character Station Empty Re: Sphere of Influence - Character Station

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 pm
Question one: how many characters can we play? I assume one?

Question two: what are we going to be doing? Ground combat? Running a few ships with players acting as major crew? Fighter combat? Stealth operations? Boarding operations? Fleet battles? All of the above? I want to know what sort of character(s) to play to take full advantage of the roleplay's story-line.

Question three: what rank should the character(s) be?
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sphere of Influence - Character Station Empty Re: Sphere of Influence - Character Station

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:59 am
Answer 1 - Any that you wish. Though I would like to request that your original PCG character be used as your main character. (So for you, Dino272727, Scare would be Scarecrow, I'd be Johnnyred, Gandalf would be Gandalf, etc.) You can use other characters as well, the Red Daggers and OMEGA Squad will probably appear in this though in more minor roles. My main characters will be myself, and I'll also be RPing as Ianrobert, Legotrain, and possibly the other older council members.

Answer 2 - Probably all of the above with the exception of ground battles (Which is still a possibility)

Answer 3 - As far as the other characters... not sure. Your main character (Dino272727) will probably be either a second lieutenant or an Ensign at this point in time.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:43 pm
Note to self: get around to typing Tetra's bio some time this century. Razz This would be a great way to organically develop his character, so I'm jumping for it- except that the only part of his character I've established in my head so far is that he's a by-the-books engineering officer in Starfleet (and doesn't join the PCG until much later).

I'll post more details when I get to them.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:09 pm
ANY time now. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:41 pm
This is one of those "I keep forgetting to do " things. Razz Between that, and the relatively large volume of work recently, it may be a while before I can get anything up. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:43 pm
I'm actually building my character's ship from this time period. A beat up old Federation kitbash heavy cruiser. Once my ship is done, I'll need to write my character's profile... I do intend to play! Very Happy

Spoiler:
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:50 pm
Sphere of Influence - Character Station Dino_s10
Sphere of Influence - Character Station Dino_l10
Dino Soar
Affiliation: Phoenix Command Group
Flagship: PCG Saint George, undergoing repairs for duration of roleplay
Personal ship: PCG York, heavily modified Sovereign class, undergoing repairs as of start of roleplay
Sphere of Influence - Character Station Sovere11
Current ship: PCG North Carolina, Wyoming class heavy cruiser.
Sphere of Influence - Character Station North_11
Home planet: Earth
Height: 1.69 meters/5 feet 7 inches
Build: stocky, broad-shouldered, somewhat muscular torso and arms, muscular legs, short, neither fat nor thin.  
Face: rounded visage, button nose, small ears, close eyes, prominent brow. Short dark brown beard.
Hair: medium length, dark brown, curly
Eyes: brown
Skin: light
Religion: Christian (Born again, as he calls it)
Martial status: single, never married, never engaged, not seeing anyone

Personality: Dino is somewhere in-between being an introvert and an extrovert. He enjoys and needs the company of others, but he also needs fairly long periods of time on his own to rest and think. He is both a leader, opinionated and strong willed, and a follower, willing to step back and let others take charge. He is both emotional, and logical, typically making decisions with both his head and his heart. He has a good sense of humor, but can also be very serious. He is stubborn, and will argue with a Neutronium bulkhead if he disagrees with it. But he is also very much a diplomat, bringing reason to heated arguments. Dino is fairly intelligent and enjoys to think about and discuss deep matters. Dino does not trust easily, making few good friends; and seldom really opening up and revealing his innermost thoughts to anyone. He has a tendency to be both prideful and doubtful of his own abilities. He is thin-skinned with those he is closed with, but can readily ignore true insults from strangers or enemies. He enjoys to read, write, and play holo-programs, many of which of which are of his own writing. Dino's faith is very important to him. He is extremely loyal, refusing to abandon anyone once he considers them a friend, ally, or even acquaintance. He is honest, and fights for good for the sake of good. He genuinely cares about liberty, justice, truth, peace, and the people whose lives depend on the battles that the PCG fights. Dino is an animal lover and has owned many cats and dogs. Dino is laid-back, allowing all of his bridge crew to address him by his first name when they are off of the bridge.  

Background: Dino was born in the year 2,572, in a central North Carolina city, North America, Earth. His father, Derek Soar, (deceased) was a nurse whose family was in holo-business. Dino's mother, Lyn Chevrolet, (living) was an artist, whose family owned a successful dilithium mining company, Chevrolet Mining. (Not to be confused with the vehicle manufacturing company of pre-warp Earth.)
    Dino did well in school, getting A's in everything except math, in which he got B's. But despite his good grades, he did not feel fulfilled in school. Dino longed to make a difference, to help people, to do something that mattered. So at the age of 20, in the year 2,592, Dino joined Starfleet Academy.
    But only weeks before he could graduation the year 2,596, the Borg attacked Earth; forcing Starfleet to push every able-bodied crew member that they possibly could into active duty. Dino was assigned to the U.S.S. Colt, and as there were no senior officers available, the ship was manned entirely by a rookie crew; with Dino and several other cadets taking command.
    Although the entirety of what happened remains in a-need-to-know-only file, it is common knowledge that the Borg were defeated. And that Dino was promoted to Lieutenant-Commander immediately afterword without ever having graduated from the Academy.
    Dino was assigned as chief of security to the U.S.S. North Carolina, a Wyoming class heavy cruiser, shortly after he returned from fighting the Borg.
    The ship's first officer was killed in action in the year 2,598, and since Dino had command experience, he was promoted to the rank of Commander at the age of 26.
    In the latter half of the year 2,600, the U.S.S. North Carolina's Captain was promoted, leaving Dino as the logical successor. And at the age of 28, he become the Captain of the North Carolina.
    Late in the year 2,601 Dino decided to leave Starfleet for personal reasons. Most of his crew agreed to leave Starfleet with him. He left the North Carolina's worth in dilithium at an outlying starbase and plotted a course away from the Federation, taking his ship with him. He joined the newly formed Phoenix Command Group a month later, at the age of 29. He soon acquires and refits the aging Sovereign class U.S.S. York as his personal ship.  
    Later that year, Dino takes part in Operation Omega, in which the York is critically damaged and undergoes a year-long repair. Thanks to his ship designing and command skills, Dino is soon promoted to Ensign within the PCG. (In naval terms, roughly the leader of a flotilla.) Funded by Adventure-Comix and Chevrolet Mining, and fueled by the incredible destructive capability of the Specters, he is able to build such massive ships as the Saint George, the Potomac, and the Lightning-Bolt class supercruisers. He becomes close friends with Marcus Durham and Gandalf. By the end of Operation Omega, Dino is again promoted, this time to Second Lieutenant. (Roughly equivalent to leading a squadron in naval terms.)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum