Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Empty Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 pm
~ Start Transmission ~

The Jörmungandr class dreadnaught was part of a joint op between Starfleet and the Phoenix Command Group in the early days of the PCG. The Federation offered funding to the PCG if Johnnyred helps to design a new, and powerful warship for Starfleet. Originally Johnnyred began work on the the Vindictive Project to give to Starfleet, but as he began work on the Impulse Wave Cannon, he realized that the weapon was too powerful to be handed over to Starfleet, and he quickly switched gears from working on a smaller ship with more power to a larger ship with a little less power.

Johnnyred soon designed a powerful dreadnaught (but not so powerful that it could not be taken down by the PCG). However, upon receiving the new Dreadnaught Codenamed: Serpent, Starfleet armories began weaponizing the new warship more heavily, adding eight powerful rail gun turrets to the already powerful ship.

Little did Johnnyred or the PCG realize that soon after the creation of the dreadnaught that they would be staring down the barrels of its railguns.

- Specifications -

Length: 860 Meters
Beam: 340 Meters
Height: 110 Meters
Crew: 1500
Shuttlecraft:
Deflector Dish:
Shields
Armor:
Warp Nacelle:
Average Cruising Speed: Warp 9.9"
Maximum Cruising Speed: Warp 9.9"
Weapons:

- Images -

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jyrmun10

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun10

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun11

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun12

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun13

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun14

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun15

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun10

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun11

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Jormun12

- .Lxf -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8803yat7m6bg8nx/J%C3%B6rmungandr%20Class%20Mk.%20I.lxf?dl=0

~ End Transmission ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Empty Re: Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -

Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice... Good to finally see the dread in its proper, LDDed form. Razz Not so sure about the dorsal saucer cannons, but all the other minute detailing is amazing; great job on that.

While I wait for the description, though, I have to ask: Annihilation-type? Is that a subclass or a variant or something? Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -  Empty Re: Jörmungandr Class Dreadnaught - Entry Under Construction -

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:29 pm
Nice, I like it a lot. I especially like that you can see the warp coils through the bussard collectors. Very nice.

This will be very useful. Star Fleet is very appreciative. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:12 pm
I've already told you about how I feel about the typical/classic ST style ship.....I do not in the slightest feel that way about this. I don't even just think it looks pretty just for an ST style ship, I think it looks beautiful in it of itself. It feels like a cross between a galaxy and a prometheus done in the best way possible. It's gorgeous! I love the sharp pointed arrow-head saucer with the rounded well detailed (but still smooth) nacelles, connected to a non-bulky but still present engineering section (again beautiful) by smooth sturdy looking supports, with everything in line and on the same horizontal plane to give it a streamlined speedy look. The added weapons really top it off well. I love this ship!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:29 am
It's a Starfleet styled ship that AA not only doesn't dislike, but he actually loves it! I think that must mean that you did something right! 

You pretty much already know my thoughts on this puppy, but since it's been awhile, I'll say 'em again. This ship is both beautiful, and practical, while also being rather terrifying, and especially so for a sub-klick ship. 
     This is perhaps, in terms of raw Trekness, the best fanon ship you have ever built. It just feels right. As AA said, everything just lines up and works well together. It looks like what professional designers would come up with for a new Starfleet ship... designed for a darker and more dangerous time. 
     The nacelles are, for large and detailed nacelles at the very least, EASILY among the best of your work, and quite possibly THE best, regardless of size or detail. As Talmid said, the bussard collectors with visible warp coils are really quite excellent. Meanwhile, the rest of the nacelles are just as good, with just the right amount of blue, rounding, and detailing. 
     The engineering hull feels solid, but not clunky or cumbersome, a surprisingly difficult thing to achieve in my experience. The detailing on the engineering hull is superb.
     The navigational deflector is gorgeous, you really hit on a winner with the smooth, sloped trans-blue with trans red behind it design. It not only looks good on it's own, but it just fits the design aesthetic of the ship.
     The pylons/supports are beautifully understated, clean, and streamlined. Well done there, as with everywhere else. 
     The use of crates in the SNOT-work is a stroke of pure genius. 
     The saucer shape is highly futuristic and it instantly brings the most cutting edge, modern Starfleet designs to mind.
     As Tetrah said, and as I have said before, there is but one thing I would change about it. I too feel that the dorsal rail-cannons detract from the overall appearance of the ship. But other than that it's a very scary, very beautiful design, and ironically enough, a baddie ship and not even one of your character's own usable ships... so you will soon be ripping it apart with WMG fire. Razz Wait... Sort of like the Hades' Gate... so THAT's why you kept it to only 800 meters. Smart. Razz 

Again, this is a truly, spectacularly, amazingly gorgeous design. WELL done!

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum