Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Mor-class Artillery Ship Empty Mor-class Artillery Ship

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm
Mor-class Artillery Ship

Files:
Top view:

LXF:

Stats:
Armament:
-2x MD2 Mass Drivers

MD2 Specs:

Defenses:
-250cm energy composite armour
-28-generator 2-layer particle shielding system
-28-generator 2-layer ray shielding system

Drives:
-9x Alcel RAR-C sublight engines
-1x Alcel Slipspace Drive (400 ly/day)

Dimensions:
225 metres long
95 metres wide
53 metres high

Description:
The Mor-class Artillery Ship is designed to eradicate any enemies by use of brute force. Possessing a pair of the brand-new MD2 mass driver systems, the Mor-class engages its targets from long ranges and relies on distance and other ships to provide cover. Should another ship target the Mor-class from afar, the pair of extensive two-layer shield networks and the freshly-designed energy composite armour provide enough protection for the ship to destroy its adversary.

Last edited by nikolokaidon on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mor-class Artillery Ship Empty Re: Mor-class Artillery Ship

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:10 pm
Hmmm... now that's how you build a frigate-sized artillery ship. Razz Although I'm not entirely sold on the "rectangle with engines" design, I really like the actual concept.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:37 pm
Thank you both.

@Tetra: The entire point of it being a rectangle with engines is that it's a relatively unassuming shape (and something that a lot of freighters and civvie ships would likely look like, mostly because it's so simple). Between your Revelation-class and J-Red's Jörmungandr-class, the non-MSI heavy hitters are really starting to ramp up lately, so I wanted something to hit at least as hard (if not harder - 10,869,084 teraJoules per round is nothing to sneeze at. And yeah, I know Jace has the Coltellata-class, but that's not really designed to move often. Razz). Oh, yeah, and that energy composite armour? It uses some stuff we discussed relatively recently. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm
Mmm.
Two words:

Fire. Power.
This has plenty of both.
The design, although quite simple in many respects, is well executed and I personally find it aesthetically pleasing.

Wow... that sounded... bland.
No. I am not speaking in this manner due to assimilation by Borg, rather, I have encounter shoe shopping and am presently recharging. Razz

Anyways, I really like this little thing! A heavy-duty-little-two-giant-rail-cannon-fully-mobile-assault-platform. Fairly cheap to produce. Devastatingly effective. Excellent design that demonstrates form following function.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum