Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Empty Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 pm
Evolution of the Space Marine

Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Evolut10
Left to right: Discovery Mk. I Powered Suit, Discovery Mk. II Powered Suit, Wadjet Powered Infantry Armor, Bulwark Powered Assault Armor, Archangel Mk. I Powered Marine Armor, Bulwark Mk. II Powered Marine Armor
Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Evolut11

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88wbptwbxjdu9m3/Space_Marine_Armor_Generations.lxf

While basic power armor had been invented by the time Yaka Industries had been founded, the armor was much more akin to loaders or industrial mining machines, with large power cores that would make field use impractical. It was Yaka Industries that was the first to take steps on the road towards field-practical power armor.

The first generation armor, the Discovery Mk. I Power Suit,was a lightly armored, bulky suit (weighing in at 4 tonnes) used mostly by exploration teams surveying hostile planets. The suits were powered by rechargeable ion batteries, with battery lives of about 3 months of constant use. As Yaka Industries was only a company at the time, the Discovery Power Suit faced little combat, at most dealing with hostile animals on planets. The suit was sealed and had an internal air tank, so the operator could survive for a time in space or explore an atmosphere-less planet for short periods of time. Over the suit's 30 years of production, several improvements were made. The suit's batteries were miniaturized, creating extra storage for batteries, which pushed the suit's life from 3 to 5 months. Holographic HUDs were implemented in the visor of the suit. The first shield module intended for personal use was installed in the suit's armor, improving solar radiation reflection.

Thirty years after the introduction of the Discovery Mk. I Power Suit, the Discovery Mk. II Power Suit entered the market. The most notable improve, at least for the operator, was the weight decrease. The suit, while maintaining the same protection standard as the Mk. I, had shed 2000 lbs., making it 3 tonnes instead of 4. And improved shield module further protected to operator.

Soon after the discovery of Yakaium by Yaka Industries, the company decided to attempt to enter the weapons market. Despite releasing a variety of rifles, pistols, and other small-arms along side it, the Wadjet Powered Infantry Armor was, by far, the most successful. Weighing 3.5 tonnes, the suit contained a miniaturized fusion reactor, powering state-of-the-art shielding modules. Small amounts of Yakaium were used, which, despite using so little, reduced the suit's weight from (what would have been) 3 tonnes to the released 2.5. The weight of the plates required a soldier to be suited up in an "armoring machine," a station in which a troop would be suspended and have robotic arms attach each piece to him. A jumpsuit with a series of electromagnets (inside of the fibers of the jumpsuit) would keep the armor attached to the soldier in the correct position, without risk of the plates sliding around or even off.

With the Wadjet armor being a runaway success on the battlefield, Yaka Industries, soon to be the Yaka Empire, developed an improved suit: the Bulwark Powered Assault Armor. This armor combined everything the corporation had learned from its previous suits into something truly epic. With armor thick enough to withstand RPG explosions (not direct hits, of course. Just near-misses that would explode within a few feet of the suit's operator) and light enough for the operator to suit himself up, the armor was an instant new standard. The suit was made incredibly light, two tonnes in all, thanks to the perfected blend of Yakaium and Titanium, now referred to as Titanium-Yakaium Grade C Armor Plating. The armor was also the first to have a sunken-in visor. Transteel had been implemented since the Wadjet Powered Infantry Armor, but the size of the visor made it a target for snipers. The sunken visor, while just as strong, gave the operator more protection. First generation infantry-grade sensory systems compensated for the lack of an actual view. The upper part of the armor included a rimmed, partial collar piece that helped protect the operator's neck (especially the sides and back) from gunfire.

At the birth of the Yaka Empire and the formation of the Imperial Marines, a new armored suit was issued: the Archangel Mk. I Powered Marine Armor. As a result of surveys conducted among operators of the Bulwark Powered Assault Armor, the full-face, much more prominent visor design made a return, this time reinforced with a superior type of transteel. The armor is 1 ton, but is even more protective than the Bulwark, sporting improved shield modules and armor plate design. Marines wearing the suit are now more agile than ever as a result of the drop in weight and less-bulky armor plating. The suit is now the standard armor for Imperial Marines in the Yaka Empire. Marines in the armor have an average height of 2 meters, or 6.56 feet, making it the "tallest" series of power armor to date.

Alongside the Archangel Mk. I Power Armor is the Bulwark Mk. II Powered Marine Armor, a heavier, bulkier, and more protective armor than the Archangel Mk. I. Meant for CQC operations, the Bulwark Mk. II encases the soldier in thicker plating and heavier shields than ever before, albeit at a heavier total weight of 1.25 tonnes. The visor is once again receded to protect the wearer's face from close-range weapons fire.

Dress Uniforms

Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Marine10
(Ignore the police badge and stuff. This is the most formal-looking torso skin LDD has)

The standard Marine dress uniform includes a dress coat, slacks, dress shoes, and beret. The color scheme of these dress uniforms varies from corps to corps, as each Marine Corps has a different color scheme.

Last edited by Kojan Altis Riktan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Empty Re: Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:47 pm
Splendid! These suits are so cool! The Bulwark and Archangel series are especially awesome! Are any of these for sale by chance? And does Yaka take orders for custom work?  Razz  'Cause you have my full attention with these fantastic powered armors!   Very Happy

The dress uniform is also quite nice! As to the badge, it could easily be ID, an insignia of rank, or a marker of corps.

One thing is lacking however' two things I will suggest: an "off duty uniform" some sort of fatigues are needed for those times you don't want to be a walking tank, and when you don't need to be ready for the parade grounds either.  

A light armor, something for vehicle crews, mechanics, snipers, scouts, and other support units who won't be trying to walk into situations where they will need that super armor.

Of course, I don't even have dress uniforms worked out... and my armor is just in the idea stage... so I should talk about "something lacking."  Razz

Anyways, these armored suits are REALLY cool! You've done a great job with them, and LDD now including Space Marine armor just makes it that much cooler! Very Happy I'm lookin' forward to more like this! Very Happy
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress) Empty Re: Imperial Marine Uniforms (Combat and Dress)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:05 pm
I'm actually installing LDraw right now so that I'll have a larger selection of parts in which to make better soldiers from. Razz

The "off-duty" idea is pretty good... I think I'll do something about that.

Vehicle crew, mechanics, etc. won't have space marine armor at all, and will most likely wear something along the lines of that the Infantry of the Imperial Army wear. Snipers and scouts would have the same standardized armor (this is only applicable to LDD-made Marines. If I ever get around to making these guys in a real 3D modeler or if I find different armor types in LDraw, then this will change).

Thanks for the praise! Very Happy

Last edited by Admiral Kojan on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 pm
Tell me how it goes! Very Happy I'm not technically inclined enough to operate LDraw. Embarassed  Razz

Off duty is so simple that even I understand it... it means not working and not dressing up. Razz

That makes sense... so never mind the lighter powered armor.

Hey, compliments are due where the work is cool, and they're due here for certain! Smile
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 am
Where...where are these incedible pieces of armor?! They make these sci-fi Marines look like, well, sci-fi Marines! Most of my Marines end up looking more present-age-y.

Also, I really like your SAW gun design (far left in the first 7 pictures). You mind if I, ah, borrow that?
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm
Go for it! I just built it look like like my LPMG, but if you want to use it, I have no problem with that. And I'm glad you like the armors! The helmets are in with the hats in LLD, and the armor pieces are in with the... armor... pieces. Razz Make sure you're using the LDD Extended setup for it, as they'll only appear in that version.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Ohh, that's why I couldn't find them, okay! And yeah, I've been trying to find a nice repeater look. I usually use the tommy gun with a couple of droid arms as a bipod and something to lengthen the barrel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum