Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser Empty Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:54 am
Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser GetMedia
Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser GetMediaElucidator Class Superwarcruiser GetMedia

LDD File

This ship isn't just massive.

IT'S MAGNITUDITALLY MASSIVE!!!!!!!

It's also magnituditally overpowered.

Is magnituditally even a word?

Anyways, the Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser is armed mainly with several Quantum Hyperphaser Batteries, some phaser strips, torpedo launchers, anti-starfighter guns, phasers banks, and orbital-bombardment bomb bays.

The warp nacelles are also built into the rear of the ship, so that they're not weak spots, like in every other Star Fleet starship.  AND THEY STILL ARE, but at a much lesser degree.  The diamond shape does impede warp a bit, however, so maneuverability at warp speed is near impossible with this ship.

Then again, it's so massive, maneuverability is near impossible even at sublight speeds.

So it's impossible to turn.  Kind of like a barge.  I'm cool with that.  I like barges.

As for defenses, the Elucidator is protected by several feet of armor infused with bits of neutronium, and of course several overlapping particle & deflector shield generators, which, thanks to advancements in Federation technology made by the end of the 24th Century, are capable of detecting and deflecting transphasic weaponry to a degree.

---
On the Creation Lab, all of my starships have transphasic-proof shielding, but when I first came here, I figured none of you would appreciate it, because it is so overpowered. Razz
---

The Elucidator Class is also equipped with a high frequency jammer, that when turned on can block all and any transmissions to the starship.  These can be transmissions containing surrender messages, or even viruses.  And if any viruses find their way onto the starship, they not only have to bypass a complex firewall, but also deal with the latest in Star Fleet antivirus software. *glares at the MSI* Razz

Some background information on the Elucidator.  Blueprints of massive, diamond shaped machines of war have always been on the desks of our engineers.  The first of these from even before the Alliance was formed is the PCS St. George, the largest starship EVER.  I would compare this latest machine with it, but I fear for my graphics card.

In Star Fleet, I've always built plenty of diamond shaped ships.  The Ticonderoga Class, the Confederation Class, the La Nina Class, the Talmidon's wings, all of them are examples of this design.  But this latest one, it's something else entirely.

It's something new.

It's a Federation Supercruiser.

A Superwarcruiser.

Wait.

A Superoverpoweredwarcruiserthatisveryoverpowered!  That's more like it.

---
I seem to have become pretty well known for overdoing weapons and pretty much making my ships overpowered, and this one is no exception.  HOWEVER, because this ship makes so much use of overpowered, overdone weaponry, that makes this ship the epitome of a Talmid Starship. Razz
---

Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser GetMedia

Oh yeah, and btw. Razz

There were some 5 of these ships built, but in doing so, the Federation lost so much money they almost shutdown the government!  BUT, before history could repeat itself, the Federation's allies, the Union of Independent Systems, loaned the Federation enough financial backing (and pizza) to stay active long enough for their economy to stabilize. Razz

Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser Empty Re: Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 am
Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser 547843959 WOAH. That thing is so massive that my quick new laptop took almost three minutes opening it. But when it finally opened... Wow! It's humongous, ginormous, massive! I put my teeny little Nathan Hale next to it, and it looked even smaller than normal! But enough about my ship, let's talk about this one! How long did it take you to build that thing?! It would have taken me months! It looks so cool from the top; I know I've said it before, but you are a master of sloping! One last thing: I think something this big and slow deserves to be overpowered, since it's pretty much an easy target. Good work!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:19 am
216 studs long = 2,160 meters long = 1.35 miles long

It seems a little basic, but I like it. It's a good armored block look, without looking too "blocky cause I'm a n00b" like.

I would suggest adding several large manuvering thrusters throughout the ship and increasing the interial dampeners/compensaters by quite a bit in order to increase manuverability and survivability with the newfound manuverability.

Dino's PCG (not PCS) St. George is atleast 208 studs long, or 2080 meters. I don't think the studs I wasn't able to count (looking at the pictures he posted) make up the missing 8 though. I think it's closer to 4, maybe 6. So yours is (guesstamiteadly [guess-tamite-adly]) longer by 20-40 meters.

SW Executer Super Stardestroyer was 19,000 meters long, or 1,900 studs. ST V'ger was 90,000 meters long, or 9,000 studs. So we're still pretty small here. Razz

Yours are closers to an Allegiance class Star Cruiser (SW) (little larger than Imperial I Star Destroyer, little smaller than an Imperium Super Star Destroyer). I can't find a decent ST something to compare it to. Razz

Last edited by Commander Ant on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:47 am
Lieutenant Soccergirl wrote:Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser 547843959 WOAH. That thing is so massive that my quick new laptop took almost three minutes opening it. But when it finally opened... Wow! It's humongous, ginormous, massive! I put my teeny little Nathan Hale next to it, and it looked even smaller than normal! But enough about my ship, let's talk about this one! How long did it take you to build that thing?! It would have taken me months! It looks so cool from the top; I know I've said it before, but you are a master of sloping! One last thing: I think something this big and slow deserves to be overpowered, since it's pretty much an easy target. Good work!
Hmmm.... I guesstimate around 5 days to a week.

Commander Ant wrote:216 studs long = 2,160 meters long = 1.35 miles long

It seems a little basic, but I like it. It's a good armored block look, without looking too "blocky cause I'm a n00b" like.

I would suggest adding several large manuvering thrusters throughout the ship and increasing the interial dampeners/compensaters by quite a bit in order to increase manuverability and survivability with the newfound manuverability.

Dino's PCG (not PCS) St. George is atleast 208 studs long, or 2080 meters. I don't think the studs I wasn't able to count (looking at the pictures he posted) make up the missing 8 though. I think it's closer to 4, maybe 6. So yours is (guesstamiteadly [guess-tamite-adly]) longer by 20-40 meters.
Good ideas, maneuvering thrusters probably would do the trick. Not sure when/if I'd want to put them on, though. Razz

As for seeming basic, yes, it does seem pretty basic at first glance, but look at all the slopey parts on the top at the last pic. Razz Those took forever.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:43 pm
Copy and Paste?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Lol fine, maybe they were, I can't remember. Razz

I give you my word that some parts of it were really, really complex to make. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:25 pm
Lol, okay, fine. Just the copy and pasting alone would take a while. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:24 pm
The ST. G is not the largest ship ever... by a long shot. One person built one with more pieces on the lab, and there are TONS out there built by AFOLs out of real bricks, that make the St. G look mediocre in size. Besides, the St. G was basically a brick with some details added to it; why it has remained such a famous ship I really don't know... it was so blocky.  

AA... you COUNTED the STUDS of the St. G.... from pictures?  Razz You're crazy, I would never bother with that.  Razz

Also, count again, because this monster is more like seven HUNDRED meters longer than the St. G. That is, if we were measuring by 1 stud equals 10 meters, but I don't build at that scale. Wink She is: (according to an old description) 3,842 meters long.
Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser Comp_110Also, she was ORIGINALLY the PGS Saint George, but that was later changed to PCG. Just to clarify.

By piece count, the St. G still wins at 10,696, to 9,337... but that is still one MONSTER of a superwarcruiser.

Now to actually review the ship itself....

Impressive! It's huge, well rounded, and not at all a bad looking ship, but it is a bit... boring... it needs some aesthetic oomph. The weapons hanging off of the sides.. not really a fan of that. It doesn't say "Starfleet." Starfleet is too refined to put a bunch of guns on a ship.  It just doesn't scream "Starfleet Superwarcruiserofultimatedoomanddestruction" just leave off the "Starfleet" part, and that pretty much sums up this ship. It needs a lot of detail and layering on the ventral surface. I suggest adding some Nebula inspired sensor/weapons pods to add depth and visual interest. Let me say that this is one big, bad warship. And I'm not trying to give it a bad review, it just suffers from big bad warship syndrome, (big bad warships tend to be a bit bland, but nevertheless extremely powerful) One last thing... I LOVE your use of the binocular pieces along the sides of ship... VERY cool! This monster has HUGE potential, but needs some detail and refining.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:40 pm
Yes I did, both the St. George and the Elucidator, and apparently my count was faulty. Somehow I got the St. George as about 4-8 studs short, and it appears to be only 2/3 as long in that picture. Razz ... maybe 3/4.

Yeah....I ownder where I missed more than a hundred hundred studs.........
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm
Vardok (dino) S'ren wrote:
Elucidator Class Superwarcruiser Comp_110
Sometimes I wonder how you people are able to fit more than 15,000 bricks in the same LDD session. Razz

Thanks for the feedback! Ventral sides have never been my strong point, and indeed, neither is detail, at least on huge ships. I like detailing medium sized ships, though, because at least then my computer is still functioning at a decent speed. Razz 
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:15 pm
^^^ 20,000, and it took like ten-fifteen minutes to get it loaded, then add the St. G in. Razz

Ventral isn't exactly easy, and detail on huge ships... let's just say no one I have yet met is good at that (truly huge ships, not just big ones) medium sized ship detailing is awesome... it doesn't take forever + forever + months to do.

Also, my own length estimate (from the old description HAS to be off; by a LOT) because, assuming AA's measurement of 208 studs is correct, then the St. G would only be about 1,508-1,601 meters long at my own scale, which doesn't make sense, because the Indomitable is about that size, an yet is only about ~1/2 the length.... hmmmm... Given the measurement error between the two ships, I'm guessing AA got it wrong. Razz Which only makes the Elucidator that much more huge... Nice work Talmid... that's one long ship.... I feel an uncanny need to build a new record setting supercruiser... but I also feel an uncanny need to do physics homework.... guess which one matters in getting a paying job? (besides working at TLC of course? Razz ) homework wins.... still.... I might just have to try to destroy my own record, and do it with a good looking ship..... hmmmm...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum