Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Empty Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am
Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Pollux16

Well, this is the refit of the Pollux Class Battlecruiser, dubbed the Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit. The refit contains mostly aesthetic changes, but I took Ant's suggestion of moving the ShockER to the nose area. Thank you very much for the constructive criticism you guys gave me on the original!

The only armament change is, now that the ShockER is in the nose, I put another KP-8 heavy cannon (triple-barrel) on the same tower.

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Pollux16
Revised ShockER near the nose

Other than that, everything is aesthetic. Personally, I thought that the two sections before and after the missile pods didn't "flow". So I revised the extreme front and extreme aft sections. I curved in the main hull both up and down to fit with the bulkier hull area. I personally like this more, as it makes the ship have the bulky look, but a better looking bulky look.

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Pollux17
Starboard hull view

Last but not least is the realignment of the top mounted nacelle tower to the other four. Most of you probably didn't notice that dis-alignment in the first place, but whatever. Razz

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Pollux18
Realigned tower

Your thoughts on the refit? Btw, please tell me which version you like better. Wink Constructive criticism welcome.  Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Empty Re: Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 pm
Yes, much better. One question- since the only non-aesthetic changes were the addition of a gun and a turret movement, was it really necessary to make this the type "B"? Maybe just "revised" or something...
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Empty Re: Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 pm
VERY good job! Your use of fewer transparent pieces (or maybe just more non-transparent pieces) gives it a more solid look, and the nacelles and nacelle pylons fit the ship fairly well. As I've said before about your other models, EXCELLENT detail...so realistic! Good job!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:14 pm
@Mightyman: Glad you like it. Okay...revised. But Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refitjust sounds more technical to me. Razz (which it isn't) Razz
@Scare: Thank you! It's probably more non-transparent pieces. Razz I use transparent pieces mostly for the hangars.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:47 pm
PXR- Yeah, but it implies a much bigger change (usually, type B, C, etc. are used to describe ships that use the same hull but fulfills a different role- for example, the type A is a battleship and Type B a carrier).

Minor details, but still. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:54 pm
@Mighty: I thought letters denoted improved versions, such as the F-15A & C. Of course, I based them off of fighters not ships. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:01 pm
Eh, it's mainly something Kojan did, and I felt that that was sorta the norm by now. Individual ships can also have letters added to their names to denote they aren't the first ship to go by that name, like the Enterprises.

If we did it like fighters, then yes, I agree this would be the Pollux B; but we don't, so the point's kinda moot. Razz

Then again, it is you own faction, so I guess you can just do whatever...
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 pm
@Mightyman: Okay, idk. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:56 pm
I know I always used letters to denote refits/revisions for my ships. I'm up to E on one of them. Razz

I think you shoudl give us a side-by-side to show us teh differences in the "bulkiness" thing you where talking about. Maybe a side-by-side top down and a side-by-side front picture.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm
@Ant: Lol

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla10
top view/top = refit

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla210
frontal view/left = refit

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla310
orig/yellow

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla110
refit/yellow = highlighting changes

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla411
orig/yellow

Pollux "B" Class Battlecruiser Refit Bla510
refit/yellow = realignment

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum