Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RememberMM
RememberMM
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Alternate Reality - Antares-class Empty Alternate Reality - Antares-class

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm
So I was originally going to post all of my Alternate Reality ships in a couple of compilation posts, but it'd take a week to get all the images together and I don't want to wait that long.  Razz So without further ado, I introduce the Antares-class frigate, rendered in pulchritudinous Super-Grade:

Picture 1:

I chose to name this class Antares because there was a USS Antares mentioned in Star Trek XI, and as both the name Antares and this ship type appear to be rather common in Star Trek, it was like a match made in Purgatory. 

Picture 2:

A variant of this class, not seen in either of the new movies but present in production materials (where it was labeled USS Defiant NCC-1764  Question ) has a rollbar on top, similar to the Miranda-class from the Prime timeline.

Picture 3:

Because there are no official stats, I had to make up my own. The length is based on the smaller estimates of the AR-Enterprise's length, as presented at ex-astris-scientia.

Length: 236 meters
Standard Cruising Speed: Warp 6
Maximum Emergency Speed: Warp 8

Armaments: 8 Type VIII phaser emitters, 8 anti-missile torpedo launchers, (variant model only) 4 photon torpedoes tubes

Picture 4:

Here is the .lxf file, which includes both the standard model and the upgraded rollbar variant:
.lxf file:

Stay tuned for more ships from the Alternate Reality. I've built all the movie vessels (with the current exception of the USS Vengeance) and also some non-canon ships.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Alternate Reality - Antares-class Empty Re: Alternate Reality - Antares-class

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm
NICE! I like it! It's been too long since I've laid my eyes on an RMM ship! And that roll-bar variant... beauteous! And that SNOT! WELL DONE!

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who knows about Ex-Astris-Scientia.

Great work as always! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 pm
Must agree withDino! It's a beautiful starship! I like the combo of SNOT and studs on top work! Great job with the overall design! Roll-bar = epic. Very Happy
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:09 pm
Whoa, those are some great ships, RMM! Love your SNOT skills and your nacelle work. The special effects make it even better. Great job!

BTW, where DID you get those special effects? Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm
I'm pretty sure it's gimp. Very Happy Beautiful ships!
RememberMM
RememberMM
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 am
Thanks everyone! The special effects were indeed done in GIMP. I used this plugin to do the phaser effects in the fourth picture.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum