Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Rigel Class Communications Platform Empty Rigel Class Communications Platform

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:31 am
The Rigel Class Communications Platform, or more simply, outpost, is a communications and alert platform utilized by the PXE. It is equipped with advanced sensory systems which allow it to detect the approach of possibly hostile vessels and alert other ships or fleets nearby.

Spoiler:

Rigel's are much less expensive than warships, since they lack the expensive thruster and warp drive systems of a conventional ship, and can rotate to create their own gravity. Most power is generated by the large solar arrays, but it is equipped with 2 MCEG-1's which can provide more reliable energy.

Rigel's are not really built for combat. While they are moderately well armed, and their shielding is quite strong, without their shields, the Rigel's are essentially defenseless. However, this does buy more time for NC to scramble as many fleets as possible, and can mean the difference between stopping an invasion on the border or getting surrounded by the enemy. For this reason, it is often viewed as a privilege to serve onboard a Rigel.

The Rigel is equipped with multiple hangar bays and landing platforms. The platforms are used for shuttle landings, while the primary strips and hangar bays are utilized to carry predominantly drone scouts and fighters.

Spoiler:

Specifications:

Model: Rigel Class Communications Platform
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2606 - present
Cost: 5.3 million SPXC

Length: ~300 meters
Width: ~300 meters
Height (including sensory arrays): ~610 meters

Affiliation: PXE Navy
In Service: 2606 - present
Roles: communications platform, early-detection warning system, outpost, staging outpost (fighter), defense station

Armaments:
x32 TMC-2's

Defenses:
5.0 - 5.5 cm absorbic armor

ASG-1
HTSG-2
DSG-1

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Sublight Propulsion:
x8 SLPT-26's (maneuvering thrusters)

Powerplant:
x2 MCEG-1's (under each ring)
x1 HPSG-1 (made of 48 individual panels)
x1 HPSG-7 (the rings)
x16 HPEG-3's

Complement:
x2 fighter squadrons (generally drones modified for reconnaissance)
x8 Fireclaw dropships (for evacuations/transport)

Last edited by PXR on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Rigel Class Communications Platform Empty Re: Rigel Class Communications Platform

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 pm
Okay, first of all, this thing is AWESOME! I LOVE the design and purpose! It's a beautifully utilitarian starbase! It just LOOKS really, really good. WELL done on the build! Very Happy

Second... THIRTY MINUTES OF FLEET BOMBARDMENT?! I think you might want to tone that down... a lot. That's really OP. I could see it taking heavy fire from one or two ships for twenty minutes... but not a fleet for thirty-five. Other than that, I find your specs for this awesome starbase to be very realistic well well-thought-out. Of course, you always put a great deal of effort into specs. Smile

Anyways, I really LOVE the design of this thing! It's one of THE best starbases I have ever seen created in Lego. In fact... I'm struggling to remember one that I like anywhere near as much as this... Brilliant work!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Rigel Class Communications Platform Empty Re: Rigel Class Communications Platform

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:15 pm
@Dino: Thanks! Glad you like it! I just took that part out, just cause I'm too lazy to argue. Razz Anyway, thanks! Very Happy I'd also like to tell you that I'm feeling a lot better today. Thanks for all the advice you gave me yesterday. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:28 pm
I know how you feel. Razz I'm glad you're better today! Very Happy And you're welcome on both counts. Smile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm
@Dino: Very Happy

@Essaych: Thank you very much! Very Happy I like how you put controlled amounts of weapons. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:06 am
Wow.... simply amazing. I love the ring structure design, but the whole craft is simply incredible. I love it! Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:39 pm
Very nicely done! Fantastic work and detailing!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:31 pm
@Tetra & Kojan: Thanks so much both of you! Very Happy
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:41 pm
VERY well done, PXR! I think this is the most beautifully-done station-ish creation seen on this site. Excellent work!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:43 pm
@Scare: Thank you! I think it's the only one though... Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm
Which means it's also automatically the worst.... Razz

Just sayin'.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:08 pm
I've seen plenty of starbases from the Lab, and other Lego sites, and TRUST ME, this would not qualify as the worst in any way, shape, or form. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum