Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Empty Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan

Sat May 16, 2015 1:17 am
~ Begin Entry ~
Captain's Log: Arondite
Captain Johnnyred Reporting

{Image Files included within entry}

While on a test cruise aboard the Rhode Island Class starship, Hidden Pineapple, operating off of the Arondite, testing a new prototype onboard stargate generator, initial stargate was stable and successful, however after dropping out of the gate, the Hidden Pineapple was attacked by a Borg Z-Ship.  Another gate was created by the generator and we were able to safely warp after transmitting warp coordinates to the Arondite.

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Leviat14

Shortly after exiting the warp gate, we were confronted by a primitive starship.  The ship hailed us, claiming they were from the "Commonwealth of Humana Terra" and that they came in peace.  Realizing this treaded a gray area in the Prime Directive*, I was about to communicate my fellow Counselors** before proceeding with an official ambassadorial meeting.  

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Leviat15

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Leviat16

However, before we were able to make contact, the Z-Ship dropped out of warp behind us.  Realizing that neither the Hidden Pineapple nor the ship we had just contacted stood any chance  of fighting the Z-Ship, I reluctantly ordered the Arondite to warp in and destroy the Borg craft.  I am about to contact the other ship.  We've come too far to just warp out without saying hello first.

Spoiler:

Captain's log, Johnnyred out.

~ Begin Entry ~
Captain's Log: CSS Leviathan
Captain James T. Rourke reporting.

While on the Leviathan's shakedown cruise, we encountered a small vessel with an signature reading "Hidden Pineapple" from a faction that is unknown to us. The "Phoenix Command Group"

Our scans indicated that their engines were shot, and there was damage to their shielding systems as well as their hull. I quickly authorized contact and had our comms officer hail them. However, before they were able to respond a massive ship dropped out of warp behind them. It's scans matched what we had in our systems as a Borg craft, though the ship classification was unknown to us.

Realizing that the smaller craft was clearly outmatched by the Borg craft, I sent an SOS to the Commonwealth fleet and gave the order to engage the Borg. However, before we were able to charge our mass drivers, a massive ship, larger than any recorded in our database, appeared with a few mighty blasts from its energy based weapons, quickly dispatched the Borg craft.

It appears that the new ship which is reading as the "Arondite", another Phoenix Command Group ship, is hailing us as well. I don't know what lies ahead for us and our relationship with this "Phoenix Command Group" is, but here, in this desolate region of space, the future of the Commonwealth of Humana Terra begins.

Captain's Log, James Rourke out.

~ Begin Entry ~
The following is a transcript from the PCG Arondite's communication logs with the CSS Leviathan.

"This is Captain Johnnyred of the Phoenix Command Group vessel, the Arondite, hailing CSS Leviathan."

Within seconds, the Leviathan answered the hail from the Arondite.  There was no picture on the viewscreen however, just audio.

"Greetings, Captain Johnnyred, I am Captain James Rourke of the CSS Leviathan, a starship of the Commonwealth of Humana Terra."

"It's a pleasure to speak to you, Captain Rourke.  I must apologize to you for our intrusion into your space, and for bringing with us an unpleasant companion. We were testing a new warp drive with the smaller ship, and we encountered the hostile, we were just trying to evade them long enough for the Arondite to warp to our location."

"Quite alright Captain.  We know how persistent the Borg are."

"You've had run ins with them?"

"No, but we have plenty of records of them in our master file."

Johnnyred furrowed his brow.  "Master file?"

"Yes, a record of our civilization and our ancestors."

"Captain, would you mind if a myself and a few of my crewmen came aboard?"

"Absolutely Captain, it would be a pleasure.  I have to warn you beforehand, you're the first contact with any outside world that our civilization has had."

"No problem at all, Captain Rourke, I'll be bringing over three of my men, my Executive Officer, My Squadron Commander, and my Marine Commander, we'll be over in thirty minutes.  Could you send us the location of your transporter room?"

"I'm sorry, Captain, but we don't have a transporter room as of now, but I'll send you the location of our hanger bay and you can beam aboard there."

"Thank you Captain.  It'll be a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Same to you, Captain."

- End Transcript -
~ End Entry ~

~ Begin Entry ~
Captain's Log: CSS Leviathan
Captain James T. Rourke reporting.

We have made first contact with the first life outside our planet, the Phoenix Command Group.  Within thirty minutes (providing that their minutes are the same span of time as our minutes) we shall have Captain Johnnyred, and three of his officers aboard our ship.

It will be interesting to see what life aside from what is on our planet looks like outside of what our Master Files indicate.  We have seen images of what other life such as Romulans, Vulcans, Andorians, etc. all look like, but no one from our planets has ever seen one in person.  If we’re lucky they may even have info on the Federation of Planets, Starfleet… or even Earth.  If so maybe we can find our place in this universe again.

Some people of our planets, especially the elders will probably be opposed to making contact with the Federation considering what they have done to us.  However, if we are to survive, thrive, and advance in this universe, it is necessary that we do that.   The Phoenix Command Group may be our key to doing that.

The PCG Arondite is far more powerful than any ship that we have in the registry in our Master File.  Unless I am very wrong, they must be a major faction within the universe, and definitely have some kind of ties to other factions.  They seem peaceful so in all likelihood they have good standing with other factions.  The two ships we have seen so far, the Hidden Pineapple and theArondite both bear striking resemblance to Starfleet craft.  So in all likelihood, they are affiliated or allied with the Federation.  

One way or another, this meeting is the beginning of our destiny.
Captain's Log, James Rourke out.

~ Begin Entry ~
Captain's Log: Arondite
Captain Johnnyred Reporting

We’re just a few moments away from transporting aboard the Commonwealth ship. I’ve discussed with my officers several questions that arose during my conversation with Captain Rourke.

Firstly, according to our universal translator, there was no actual translating going on, Captain Rourke was speaking 100% English. Secondly, how do they have records of the Borg if they’ve never actually encountered them? How do they know about transporters if they do not have one? And most pressing, what is this “Master File?”

There’s something off here, and hopefully we’ll be able to find out what it is. This will be my last log until after we return to the .Arondite. In the mean time, my executive officer, First Lieutenant Chuck Conway, will be taking record of everything that happens during our exchange with the Commonwealth crew.*

Spoiler:

Captain's log, Johnnyred out.

Last edited by Johnnyred on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:20 am; edited 9 times in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Empty Re: Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan

Sun May 17, 2015 1:37 am
Interesting. They may lack warp capabilities but having the ability of any space travel sounds good enough to me, even if limited.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan Empty Re: Captain's Log: PCG Arondite - 15 minutes until Transport to the CSS Leviathan

Mon May 18, 2015 9:54 am
IC: The ** reminds me of the time when captain flipz was testifying before a panel of representatives of the Federation council on some issue or other involving a federation captain. They challenged him that records of official council communiques needed for evidence had not been duly given as requested, and when he responded that they had indeed been given the head representative said he only had received captain Ianrobert's twitter account. To this flipz replied "well, did you read it?"

OOC: XD Official business of the galactic power, now conducted with facebook status updates. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat May 23, 2015 12:36 pm
So far so good! 

I personally don't worry about the Prime Directive so much as just try to avoid confusing cultures that just aren't going to be ready to handle a bigger universe. "Ye shall make no contact unless they have gone to warp" Hahahahahahahaha.... good one. "don't show the natives a new sapient species or your super tech, or they'll either worship you, or rush to defend themselves from the strange new threat."
I wonder... why do OTHER factions in Trek seem to usually, more or less obey the Prime Directive? I mean... beings who can't really fight back and are likely to worship you make really excellent servitor races.... hmmmm.... story idea forming...
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat May 23, 2015 1:13 pm
The way I see the prime directive, it's cool to leave races alone and see what they come up with as far as different tech goes (which deviates from the hardline of tech advancement also used in ST*). But really settling on the shores of Galtros V and sharing or not sharing with the natives is no different than if a company based out of North America where to set up shop in the dark jungles of Africa. No one would complain if they started showing the natives how to work with metal, make better huts, purify water more efficiently, or "educate" them. We're so big on educating/helping other cultures but for some reason in ST you're not allowed to touch them. Makes zero sense to me. As far as I'm concerned, I see no problem in flying down to a sentient and capable sentient species and setting up shop with all the latest tech, begin teaching and employing them, and basically bring them up to your speed.

Dino does also have a good point about other species....I think (not sure) that the Cardassians had serviant races.....the dominion shapeshifters definitely did, and the Romulans had the Remans....even if the Remans weren't that far behind them, not by the amount we're talking about.

*The hardline of tech advancement is the idea that cultures advance along a deffinite, "hard" line of technological developement. Aka, it shoudl take you x number of years to get cars after making an internal combustion engine, which should deffinitly happen after you have steam engines, which comes after canals, etcetera. And for some reason, all your tech will look like everyone else's. So, more or less, you'll have dial up phones at the same time you have 1960s style cars, and your 1960s cars will have the weird fin things on them just like earth. And you'll have bows (never any other kind of projectile weapon to go with your swords), then muskets, then rifles, then lever action rifles, etcetera. TOS: Miri being one of the most blatant examples. Really the whole idea and use of it in stories, movies, etcetera is about as stupid as expecting the indians of south america to invent greekfire and complicated ballistas matching those of the greeks, or gunpowder and rockets of the chinese. The only reason europe had gunpowder was due to the silk road and trade that brought it from asia. The intermingling and trade of goods and ideas brought similarity, serperation (as you would have with a planet in space), brough all sorts of differences, from money to writing to how to forge swords (and the similarity of a sword stemming back to the cradle of civilization). But when seperated you ended up with hierlyphics painted, complicated chinese characters on paper, runes carved in stone in scandinavia, and knots tied in string in the inca empire.

There, small rant about a little pet peeve of mine. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun May 24, 2015 1:06 pm
^^^ good points. 
I personally have no issue helping a culture, it's if they are going to worship you and never learn to do things for themselves, or go into their Fifth World War because we landed here and not there, that's a problem in my mind. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 pm
If they go into their fifth world war, then you just pick which side you like the most and obliterate the others with your superior firepower. Quite similar to Kuwait v Iraq and our assistance with superior airpower.....and superior everything else. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Sun May 24, 2015 8:55 pm
It's somewhat of a pet peeve of mine as well- though, for the most part, I kinda accept it on the basis that not giving each race it's own unique backstory/tech/advancement pattern/etc. is a necessary sacrifice, for the writer's sanity's sake. Razz

And yes, if there's a fifth world war, best to just dust off and nuke the site(s) from orbit. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm
Spoiler:

This is rather perfect actually. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 am
Alright peeps, I've got the next part up.

You'll be able to tell what is what by the bold, colored sections. Blue is Commonwealth and Red is PCG. The most recent entry is a PCG entry.

I've also changed the name to "First Contact with the Commonwealth of Humana Terra."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
I like how, in classic ST fashion, they speak English and know exactly what a transporter is- despite not knowing it existed at that point). If you're going for a classic-ST-type deal, or if these guys are somehow directly descended from humans or something, good job; otherwise, I have to question much of that exchange. XD
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:47 pm
All will be revealed. Soon. More mystery arrives tomorrow at 10 AM central. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:39 am
New update! Captain's Log, CSS Leviathan
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:56 am
Well, now it's getting interesting. Razz

...By the way, why the "Hidden Pineapple"? Razz Talmid's come up with funnier for some of his spoof ships, buuut... Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am
It's a Psych reference. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:08 pm
Oh wow... I seriously never caught that. Razz That's cool. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:21 am
Update! New part out now!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum