Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of Character Discussion

+5
Lord Commandant Jace
Dino27
Talmid
Lonestar
Johnnyred
9 posters
Go down
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Out of Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Out of Character Discussion

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm
I haven't even heard of I Inheritance. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 pm
Oh, my bad. I was glancing. Razz It's PXR that likes Inheritance.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 pm
@J-red: Lol. I have the hardcover set of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, but I got the last book, Inheritance separate since it came out after I finished the first three. Razz I hope that made sense. My point is that all four of mine are the hardcover versions. Razz

Anyway, a quick apology, especially to J-red. Sorry I'm taking so long to answer your question, but I'm trying to connect everything with my post, so it'll be long. In addition, I still need to get that attack barge done (the Aquila) so I can [hopefully] have it ready in time for D-day. I'm about 96% complete, but still need to do the bow. In addition, my computer doesn't like the 25,924 pcs so far, so it'll be awhile. Out of Character Discussion - Page 5 851199844 Sad Out of Character Discussion - Page 5 179010628
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm
@Supe:

Well, with reference to the Maia, I stand half-corrected. True, Gandalf and the other Istari came to Middle-earth as helpers, not as rulers. And true, some of Tolkien's unfinished works intimate that, though the Istari were Maia, they came with lessened powers than if they would have taken on different forms. But I must say that the Maia, as individual beings, are more powerful (when well-versed in "magic") than your typical Elf. Consider, for example, Melian, perhaps (outside of Sauron) the most powerful Maia mentioned in the Tolkien works. Thingol's realm would not have been so guarded, were it not for her powerful enchantments (keep in mind she was Galadriel's mentor). Also, Sauron was far more powerful than the average Elf. It took a combined force of Gil-galad and Elendil to bring him down, and even then, as I understand the books (not Jackson's warped LOTR introduction featured in the Fellowship movie), it was Isildur who temporarily vanquished the weakened Sauron when he cut the Ring from his hand.

The incident with Fingolfin was exceptional, for Fingolfin was an exceptionally strong and powerful Elf. Also, the Silmarillion clearly states that Morgoth was less powerful than he could have been because of his evil nature, and therefore it was a wee bit easier for Fingolfin to do the damage he did.

I LOVE Middle-earth discussion! Very Happy
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm
(this answer will be shorter as I have far less time than I did when I wrote the other two)

Even so, it wouldn't be so astonishing even for Galadriel alone to save Gandalf-- he was, after all, overpowered by Sauron (which, when you think about it, makes far less sense than Galadriel saving Gandalf, as Gandalf and Sauron are both Maia, and it was hardly a mighty battle), and Galadriel is the most powerful elf left in the land. Because of this, and especially because she was mentored by Melian, whose name your goat has ruined for me ( Razz ), I wouldn't consider it much of a stretch at all for her, with Gandalf's help, to fairly easily give Sauron a beating. Of course, she will have the entire White Council with her, and since they seem to be overpowering Sauron to make him seem more menacing, it'll still be a big battle, unless they follow the book, in which case it'll just be a show of resistance before he flees to Mordor, which the Nazgul have been preparing for him.

As I believe I said, the more confusing part of the matter is WHY IN THE WORLD did Sauron identify himself? Gandalf doesn't guess that the necromancer is Sauron until Fellowship, and even then he isn't sure until the Nazgul start hunting the ring. But now that they had Sauron go and tell Gandalf who he is, how is Gandalf's confusion and guessing supposed to be explained in the beginning of Fellowship?
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:40 pm
@Supe:
Well, I suppose you're right...I just can't stand the thought of Galadriel being better than Gandalf. Razz

Jackson's LOTR and Hobbit trilogies are littered with bad contradictions with Tolkien's works. As a film trilogy, I think the LOTR was absolutely epic, even though there were things that were obviously off compared to the books. However, I can't say so much for the Hobbit trilogy. Somebody needs to make a redo of all three movies with the same actors and actresses, before Ian Macellan, Christopher Lee, and some of the other older actors die. Sad

Anyhow, as a side note, who's your favorite character in the Silmarillion?
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:27 pm
Yes, I think LotR was a solid adaptation of the books-- it wasn't perfect, and even had some crazy parts that didn't make sense in context of the book (the elves at Helm's Deep) and skipped some parts I wanted to see (Tom Bombadil, the little woodsmen who helped the Rohirrim get to Pelennor Fields), but I think overall, they captured the essence of the books. With the Hobbit movies, so far, they've all but ignored the themes and elements of the Hobbit that made it a great book, as I said before. I honestly don't think BotFA can be good enough to fully recover from UJ and DoS.

In the Silmarillion? Probably either Fingolfin or Glorfindel. I need to read it again to really remember characters. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:25 pm
*pokes rpg with stick*
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 am
Fascinating. When I am posting my subplot, others remain semi active here. But when I pause in posting said subplot, everyone else seems to stop posting in the RPG within a matter of several days.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:50 am
*Repeatedly pokes RPG*
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:55 pm
I would have posted something, but I've had a major workload for the past week or so; otherwise, my subplot would be finished by now. It's pretty much just one or two more parts...

I might get it out on the weekend; no promises. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:33 pm
@J-red:

GIMME THAT STICK!!!!! Razz LOL, I'm trying, I'm trying!

@Supe:

Fingolfin was awesome! Very Happy He was the only honorable Elf who ever dared to challenge Morgoth personally, and, even though he died, his fight with the Dark Lord was beautiful and epic. He was definitely one of my faves.
I also liked Turgon, Tuor, Hurin, and Thingol. I disliked Feanor and all his sons, save possibly Maedhros, who once in awhile showed some sense. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm
Wait a sec, wait a sec...the PXE would never aid the Romulans if it meant fighting alongside the MSI... Can you change that one part? It's okay if you don't, like you said, you are the RP moderator, but it would go against PXE policy... Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 pm
@PXR:

Maybe that will actually work alongside the plot. Think about it: this could be the PXE's way of turning coats on the Rommies.

If it's too far fetched, I can try to change it, but it was clearly understood by me that both the PXE and the MSI were aiding the Rommies.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 pm
@Scare: I never remember saying anything about the PXE aiding the Romulans, although, it is my memory we're talking about, a trait that I lack. Razz Anyway, I like that idea, and it would give me an excuse to have twice the ships. Razz

Also, if I haven't made it clear, the PXE is fighting, as Scare (or rather, Turson) said, for the money. However, the other reason is because PXE views the MSI as competition, something it would like to eliminate. Obviously, the PXE is not fighting to help the Feds or the PCG, by any means. Razz

But yeah, Scare, that sounds good, and it means that PXE can get their missiles at point blank against the MSI and Rommies. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 pm
The PXE isn't aiding the Romulans, Daragon Inc. Is. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:02 pm
I'm not "aiding" them, per se. The Romulans have simply rented several DI ships. As I said to Scare via PM (a PM I'll probably post in one of my subtopics soon), renting/buying DI ships is extremely common, especially in wartime. Most factions use them to bolster backwater outposts, so they can bring their native ships up front, but the Romulans (I assume) have chosen to keep them with their main planetary defense force.

Also, in case you have ideas about DI fighting on two sides, DI does NOT control its ships once they're purchased by a faction. It certainly has the capability to, as all DI ships are heavily computer-based, and DI has the access codes, but Daragon operates on a VERY strict code of conduct, first and foremost of which is that he never, EVER double-crosses a customer, unless they attempt to cheat a deal or otherwise double-cross him first.

That being said, Scare, if you REALLY want DI to somehow double-cross the Romulans, I suppose you could use their already-poor ethical reputation and have them try to cheat DI out of some ships or something...
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:29 pm
@J-red: I thought for sure the PXE was sending ships to aid the Rommies, too...I know that DI did. I CAN'T be losing my memory!!! Razz

@PXR: Sounds great! That would add more interest to the battle. Wink

@Supe: I haven't figured out exactly how I want that to be handled...I have a general plot I'm following and not all the details have been lined out. For the time being, assume the Rommies will pay their rent, but with them...you never know. Suspect
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:26 pm
Just to be clear, DI did not "send" ships to aid the Romulans. xD The Romulans rented or purchased a number of DI ships, not an unusual thing. The ONLY reason Daragon mentioned them to Jred is because he's sympathetic to SoL's cause, the same reason he gave you several ships. Razz

Sorry if I'm being overly picky about it, but I want to make sure people understand that DI is VERY different from the corporate empires like Yaka and PXE. It's sort of like a cross between them and the MSI and also totally different at the same time. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:31 pm
@Supe: I'm just going to post it here so I have a slot open if I want to post something in the actual SoL RP later (Razz), but PXE views other corporations as enemies friendly competition. So yeah... Razz Huh, speaking of background info, I need to do that too... Out of Character Discussion - Page 5 851199844
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:26 pm
We should establish "co-background," too, like about how our companies interact. PM me if you want to start working that out, let me know what you think about any past interactions between DI and PXE.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:25 am
@ PXR - So... I'm curious... who is Ro Niko... and what is the Mu project? You can't blame something on the PCG if we don't know what it is... Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:52 am
@Supe: I will as soon as I can find some time. Razz That sounds like a great idea though. Wink @J-red: Err...yeah...about that...uhh...I'll post something about that when I have some time. Razz Basically, he's a rogue PXE scientist that is actually an agent for the PCG, at least on the surface. If you remember that one part about the err...interrogation, he came from PCG space to find a "job". Razz But yeah...I'll need to post something about that. Out of Character Discussion - Page 5 851199844 Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:54 pm
@Supe: I understand enough of your point. Wink I am beginning to see that DI is definitely different from the PXE and Yaka in a number of ways. Wink

@PXR: I second J-red's question. Razz Also, please keep in mind that the PCG does not sanction unrighteous causes (and I would consider breeding a mutant strain of savage insectoids for the purpose of assaulting the PXE an unrighteous cause. Razz ). It's one thing if you're thinking that a rogue, non-Council-sanctioned PCG member authorized such a project. But to blame the Council or Sub-Council for such an atrocious act...well, let's just say that's forbidden. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:14 pm
Am I correct in assuming, PXR, that whoever is doing the mutant stuff is framing the PCG? That's the feels I was getting. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum