Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of Character Discussion

+5
Lord Commandant Jace
Dino27
Talmid
Lonestar
Johnnyred
9 posters
Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Out of Character Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Out of Character Discussion

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 pm
*Moves from poking the RPG with a stick to poking Dino and Mighty with a stick*
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm
LOL! HEY! STOP THAT! Razz

And my subplot isn't effecting actions in the primary plot, so you can't blame me that everyone else suddenly stopped posting. Razz Unless I was inspiring them of course... hmmm... Interesting.. when I create posts... people get on. When I stop, people stop... could it just be school, or am I really that inspiring? Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 pm
I just want to say that I edited my last story-part in, so that's why it's not coming up as a new post. It's shorter than last time, but that's because A) I just wanted to add something, and B) I was going to add the parts with the Vindex in, but that would be better suited for a part unto itself.

Judging from my current pace, expect my little sub-plot to go on for two or three more posts; it's not a long one. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:15 pm
Okay, first of all, expect my little subplot to possibly deviate from the Romulan idea of honor/passion/Mnhei'sahe--
Spoiler:

It's too blasted complicated to try and implement at this point in the plot, as characters are already developed too far to make changes. So, I could try to squeeze it in for greater accuracy... to the expanded universe, but maybe not the shows/movies. But that would mean, potentially, several days of work, (just to try and ADD it, much less edit the story as a whole) and therefor delays to the next chapter. So I might go back and see what I can do about this when/if (and I'd very much like to) go back and create a separate story from my subplot. But I honestly don't feel like trying to write about a very complicated concept that I don't even half-understand myself. (and Google isn't helping.) So I'm going to just keep doing what I've been doing. If any of you know the Romulans better than I do... sorry, but this isn't going to be perfect. OCD... wants... perfection....
The Republic would HAVE to have strayed from it anyway, as it is usually related to loyalty to the Empire. That works for Republic characters... but Imperial? (sigh)

Hopefully I can get the next chapter written and up tonight... if I can just figure out what happens in it. Razz

In the meantime, enjoy these. Wink

Spoiler:
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm
Nice to see pictures of the characters.... Nala is different than I imagined... but I still like it.

Much appreciated! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 pm
As I said... she's different than I imagined too. Razz So, that's just one possible way that she could look. (call it fan art. Razz ) I can't explain how I see her in my mind, but that's not exactly it... and it irks me. Razz It's a point of reference though. Vardok's avie is canon to my SoL plot though.

Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm
Are there any biological differences between space-Elves Romulans and humans besides pointy ears?
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:01 pm
@Supe: Yeah, Romulans have pointed eyebrows, and their blood constitution is quite different from ours. Also I think they live a lot longer...but aren't, of course, immortal like Tolkien's Elves. Wink

Speaking of Elves, I adore the Silmarillion...

@Dino: Thanks for posting those pictures! I didn't know how to view Nala, so that pic will help me envision her in future RPG posts of yours. It always helps to have an aid for imagination, when possible. Smile

@J-red: With Smythe as traitor, I have a great plan to move this RPG along nice and swiftly. We will be doing battle VERY soon, and I think everybody will be quite involved and excited. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm
Their internal organs are in different places. (EG, their heart is where the human liver is. (at least with Vulcans, who are closely related to the Rommies)

Your welcome Scare! Smile
I guess I'd better see about finishing up my little subplot then. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm
Great. My subplot still needs a lot of work, my computer doesn't cooperate with my attack barge, and I'm getting bogged down with homework. Lot of it. Neutral Maybe I should just stop my subplot??? Any suggestions?

@Scare: I've read The Hobbit (one of my favorite books) and LOTR, but what's the Silmarillion about? Heard of it, but not familiar with it.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 pm
Awww... I was looking forward to your little story. Razz

....Speaking of which, I need to start the next part of mine....
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm
@PXR:
The Silmarillion is the ABSOLUTELY EPIC beginning of Middle-earth. It tells the story of its Creation, "Eden time" of peace, the rise of the first Dark Lord Morgoth (the same Morgoth mentioned in LOTR when referring to "the Balrog of Morgoth"), and the valiant yet hopeless quest of the High Noldorin Elves to reclaim three precious gems that Morgoth stole from them. Aside from some inappropriate references once or twice, it is perfectly clean and wonderfully written...if you like epics. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm
Darn, I don't think I'll have time to finish my sub-plot! Don't count me out, but I may have to cut it a tad short...

I'm almost certainly going to have to boot {Project: Novus}....
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 pm
Well, if you're worried about arriving at Rator III too late, we could always draw out the battle for a bit, and you could arrive as reinforcements. Wink
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:16 pm
That would be great, thanks. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 pm
The Noldor were hardly valiant... See also: the Kinslaying and Doom of Mandos. xD I hated the Sons of Feanor by the end...

I don't remember any inappropriate references at all, and I've read the Silmarillion at least five times. Razz I should read it again, it's been a few months...
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:54 pm
Well, it can't be anything compared to 1st and 2nd Kings. Razz I need to read it... and I should reread the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit...
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:57 pm
@Supe: Well, I meant mainly Fingolfin, Fingon, Turgon, and Finrod Felagund...I was not referring to the savage acts of the Noldor of Feanor's house. Feanor and his boys were real jerks. Razz
As far as inappropriate reference, there was some reference to nudity in Turin Turambar, but then again there are also references to nudity in the Bible more blatant than that. Razz My current conviction is that such references ought to be confined to Scripture--where they were said in perfect purity of heart and thought. Wink
I have read the Silmarillion and the Hobbit this year...I am trying to go through the Lord of the Rings now. However, I may be drawn back to the Silmarillion again... Razz

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:23 pm
Silmarillion is the First Age and the War of the Elves and Sauron or something right? And Morgath or something? I've read some history about that stuff. Razz I loved The Hobbit. LOTR trilogy was pretty good as well, but I like The Hobbit better. I really need to read the Silmarillion. Razz

EDIT: Btw, I know I seem kind of inactive, but I've been very busy lately. I'm trying to get my entire subplot, or at least most of it, in one post. However, it's getting more complicated than I wanted, so it might take awhile for completion. Hope you all understand. Wink
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 pm
I wouldn't even consider that close to inappropriate. xD

PXR, the Silmarillion spans from the creation of the LOTR universe to the beginning of the Third Age, and then talks a bit about what comes after the books. There were several wars between elves and Morgoth, Sauron didn't really happen until the Second Age (except for the Tale of Beren and Luthien), but it also talks about the creation of Men and Elves and Dwarves and Dragons, etc. I highly recommend it. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm
Since we're discussing books....

I'm currently reading Earth Unaware the first book in the Ender-verse chronologically, and the first book of it's own series, the First Formic Wars.

I'm also reading Goliath The last book in the Leviathan trilogy. (A very well written steampunk series. So far 100% clean, not even any swearing).
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 pm
Speaking of the Ender series (I saw most of the movie on TV, I probably should read the books) I actually live fairly close to Orson Scott Card, (the author) or at least where he used to live. He actually wrote for a local paper that I am more familiar with than the books. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 pm
... if you see him tell him I love him, his books, and get an autograph for me.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:26 pm
LOL HA HA HA! Well, I'll take that as a recommendation then! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:43 pm
@Supe: Thanks for the info. Razz Smile

Ender's Game...one of my favorite books and not so favorite movies. Razz I think I like it more because its like Starship Troopers than I actually like the novel, but the novel is very good. Razz Also, I am reading several books by Michio Kaku (one of my favorite nonfiction authors) including Physics of the Impossible and Hyperspace. Very good stuff. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum