Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFS Sentinel MkII

+2
Tetrahedron
Andre Tholvel
6 posters
Go down
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human

IFS Sentinel MkII Empty IFS Sentinel MkII

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm
IFS Sentinel MkII

With a totally redesigned aft section, thicker hull, and exponentially more powerful engines, the Sentinel MkII-class star destroyer is less of a practical battleship and more of a prototype "toy," designed to allow DI engineers to test out various systems on a destroyer platform. Its offensive weaponry is almost entirely new, including the introduction of two new weapon families, the E-series and X-series cannons. Powerful maneuvering thrusters on the inside of both "wings" allows for sharp turns and twists not typically available to large starships, and the X-type weapons are intended to give captains access to more creative combat maneuvers, both combined making for a destroyer with far more tactical potential than most ships of its size. Because the Sentinel MkII is not intended for an extended lifetime, its internal capabilities have not been fully streamlined or computerized, resulting in a minimum crew requirement of 90, just barely fitting the DI skeleton crew standard of <100. Only four of these ships have been produced, though a MkIII is planned for release shortly following the MkII, given consumer and professional input.

Class: Star Destroyer

Length: 1280 meters

Maximum Acceleration: >2,200 g

Engine Units: Sangron Des-8 (6x), Sangron Des-6 (12x), Des-7 (22x), HeC-12 (8x), Des-5 (4x), HeC-12m (22x)

Hyperdrive: 2.0, 8.0 backup

Shielding: Sangron DS-750

Hull: Energized quadanium, 2" ceramic/ablative coating, rubberized foam insulation layer

Sensor Systems: Sangron DESS-s5, Sangron DESS-w3

Armament:
Sangron C-537Rq battery (8x dorsal, 3x ventral)
Sangron C-530I turret (4x)
Sangron C-537Fd turret (4x)
Sangron T-538Pd battery (3x)
Sangron C-534Tt turret (2x)
Sangron C-425Rd battery (22x)
Sangron C-540Eq turret (17x)
Sangron C-501Xd battery (2x)
Sangron C-537R/533Fd platform (6x)
Sangron C-550E battery (4x)

Complement: 1 wing fighters, various gunboats, shuttles, repair/landing craft

Crew: 1,500

Minimum crew: 90

Passengers: 700 soldiers

Cargo capacity: 27,000 metric tons

Consumables: 20 years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Siriondil Daragon on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

IFS Sentinel MkII Empty Re: IFS Sentinel MkII

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:01 pm
Feedback is encouraged and requested. A lot changes in a year, and I'm not used to this new style of larger-scale weaponry. Explanation of weapons will be up in the Sangron database soon.

What do you like? What should change? Let me know, I'd really like to build some more ships soon.

I HIGHLY recommend viewing this via LXF-- there are a lot of details you can't see in the images, and I added one or two things post-screencap.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=531480

--SD
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:05 pm
I already told you how much I liked this. Razz Like I said, the wings need to be spiced up a bit- but other than that, most excellent! Razz

I can't really comment on the stats, since I'm completely unfamiliar with the weaponry, so I can can really comment on is the actual model itself. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:10 pm
This is pretty impressive! Very Happy The "engineering hull" between the saucer and the rear crescent seems a bit narrow, but not bad. The aft crescent section seems a bit tall, but again, it's not bad, just not how I would have done it. I see a lot fo weapons batteries sticking out... I like Trek looking ships more streamlined and less blistering with weapons, but that's just me. Razz Overall, WELL done! I only scanned through the weapons compliment because I have NO idea what they are. Razz

Brickshelf folder isn't up yet, so no LXF option, I'll try to look at it when it's up. Do remind me. Razz

Again, well done.
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:30 pm
Thanks guys, I'll try to get those weapons in the database as soon as I can.

Dino, what do you mean the folder isn't up?
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:33 pm
I assume he means there's no .lxf. Razz

Oh, wait, now I see it. Razz

Yeah it says the folder is "not yet public" or something. IDK.
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:55 pm
How do you make it public? xD
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm
No idea. I don't use Brickshelf. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 pm
I think you have to wait, it may be a moderation cycle.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:19 pm
That ship...well, you know I love it already. Razz I absolutely love the guns (naturally), even though they could be larger. Razz Anyway, I really like the style, and I love the thicker saucer and neck.

I feel like the neck and wings could use some more greebling and detailing, and the top and bottom parts of each section could have some more increased greebling and/or weapons as well, but other than that, I really like this ship.

I also love the visible cannons. Overall, great job! Very Happy

And yeah, the .lxf isn't public. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:23 pm
Why am I not surprised PXR liked the guns the best? Razz

Oh, right. He's PXR. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:01 am
This is outstanding! Without a doubt your best yet! The whole aft section is just GORGEOUS.

The one thing I would recommend is getting a specific style of building or at least a unified color scheme. Or both.
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:33 pm
My color scheme is blue and grey... mostly Royal Blue and Medium Stone Grey. It doesn't look unified? Razz

PXR, you and your greebling... xD Yeah, I think that middle section thingy could use some more details, and some more weapons... and I think the weapons on the main saucer thingy should be a little less protruding.

BTW, everyone... because I'm so smart, I didn't even include those big guns in the back in the description. I'll do that eventually. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:21 pm
Wow...that is some MAJOR improvement, Supe! You've come a long way since you first joined the PCG-verse. It's been a pleasure to watch your talent grow over the months/years.

The unorthodox design is a plus. The almost anchor-like shape gives it an air of futuristic navy. Wink The blue and gray color scheme is a good choice as it offers a flavor of realism (brightly-colored ships usually don't strike me as realistic, though in some cases there are exceptions).

The sides of the middle and stern portions of the ship look quite realistic...I don't know what you did to them, but they look great IMO.

Now, points of constructive criticism:
1) There are several areas that appear too blocky. These are mainly on the top and bottom of the ship...the sides look, as I said above, quite good (except for the saucer portion, where the lines of overlapping triangular pieces kind of take away that effect to some extent).
2) The weaponry isn't bad, but I think certain parts could use work. Maybe not have so many barrels clustered together, but disperse them a bit.
3) The top and bottom of the midsection and stern of the ship has too many studs showing IMO (at least, too many studs for a ship that obviously utilizes the SNOT technique). Smooth out those areas.
4) For non-ST-canon ships, the no-nacelle/no-nacelle-pylon design is perfectly acceptable, but as I have been told before (specifically with regard to my Stormcloud class frigates), an ST-styled ship usually has nacelles and nacelle pylons. (The main exception to this is the Defiant class, a small ST-canon ship belonging to the Federation.)

Those are the main things I would change. Tweak those things, and I think this ship would be without any major issues. (I say "major issues" because even the most perfect of ships can always be improved...constructive criticism can only go so far. Razz )

Again, great improvement, Supe! I look forward to seeing more of your works!
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:38 pm
Thanks for the points, Scare. I agree about the blockiness, especially in the center of the top of the saucer. As to the weapons, I think the barrels are the problem, yes-- it gives it too much of a hedgehog-y look, while the rest of the ship is a bit more streamlined. As to the nacelles and pylons, well, I personally intensely dislike most ST ships for that very reason, and will probably never use them. Razz This wasn't intended to be a ST-styled ship, I just sorta built what came to me, and it ended up like that.

I'm definitely going to come out with a MkIII, though probably not very soon... though hopefully it won't be another year. xD

Thanks!
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 pm
Update: The LXF should be visible now, please check it out. Also, major changes to the Sangron database, https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/t79-sangron-weapons-database#6365
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum